Votes: 81 95.3%
  • Messy

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure I agree - definitely becoming more of an issue on BA flights than it was a few years ago, particularly on domestic/short haul where their fare structures allow people to book cheaper hand baggage only fares (meaning of course loads more is lugged into the cabin).

Flew with Easyjet this week, no issues at all ironically but as it was a holiday flight the vast majority had obviously checked luggage in. It's also a much more pleasant experience with them now they have allocated seating so avoiding the boarding scrum that used to occur. When we checked in we were offered the opportunity to check our hand luggage into the hold for free.

Both airlines are now also regularly offering free checking in of hand baggage at the gate on busy flights in my experience.

Hmmm. Good point about holiday customers versus non-holiday. Now I think about it the flights I have with hassle are probably the ones with more holiday makers/city-breakers. That said I use EasyJet a lot and have now joined the Plus program which really does take a lot of the ball-ache out of traveling (and totally removes the hand luggage discussion) ; highly recommended and gives a lot of value. Since that big Greek bloke left they've improved no end. Staff are less snooty than BA as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hmmm. Good point about holiday customers versus non-holiday. Now I think about it the flights I have with hassle are probably the ones with more holiday makers/city-breakers. That said I use EasyJet a lot and have now joined the Plus program which really does take a lot of the ball-ache out of traveling (and totally removes the hand luggage discussion) ; highly recommended and gives a lot of value. Since that big Greek bloke left they've improved no end. Staff are less snooty than BA as well.

Definitely.....little to choose between Easyjet and BA now for comparable trips. As Easyjet have improved, BA have without doubt deteriorated (lack of seat choice even for gold members, no food/drink unless purchased etc). It's only the BA membership card (lounge access) and airmiles that tips the balance for me for domestic/shorthaul. Was thinking of joining the Plus programme (specifically was thinking about it whilst waiting in the queue on Thursday morning [emoji23][emoji23]). I can see me using Easyjet a lot more going forward (particularly on domestic trips as I travel to Edinburgh a lot and they have more flight choice and often better timings).

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Not as tidy as I thought I was. Got off a plane late last night and realised I left my wallet behind. I had already gone through security so no chance to get it back until (and if) they find it when they do the security sweep. All cards now cancelled. Doh!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely.....little to choose between Easyjet and BA now for comparable trips. As Easyjet have improved, BA have without doubt deteriorated (lack of seat choice even for gold members, no food/drink unless purchased etc). It's only the BA membership card (lounge access) and airmiles that tips the balance for me for domestic/shorthaul. Was thinking of joining the Plus programme (specifically was thinking about it whilst waiting in the queue on Thursday morning [emoji23][emoji23]). I can see me using Easyjet a lot more going forward (particularly on domestic trips as I travel to Edinburgh a lot and they have more flight choice and often better timings).

Ha. I joined EasyJet Plus after they tried to charge me 40 plus quid to take my case and man bag on. I politely pointed out I could upgrade to speedy boarding for a lot less and take my man bag. I was then told all speedy boarding places had to be booked in advance. I then politely pointed out this couldn't be the case as it states on EasyJet plus membership that it, and the speedy boarding element, can be used immediately.....so there must be some space? I'd been thinking about Plus for a while so I popped out my iPad, bought EasyJet Plus on the spot and joined the speedy boarders. Not looked back since.

Also, their loyalty program is called Flight Club. The massive advantage of this is you can change flights free of charge. A huge game changer imho.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here