Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How the Amex ranks in Venue Performance Rating

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ha.....our forum was recently debating which English ground was furthest from a private house ( the nights just fly by ) & Brighton got a shout. My feeling was that Falmer station was there before the uni or the stadium, so there must be some houses nearby, though i haven't seen them. What do you think ?

& i think Reading was the decision.

Middlesbrough?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
View attachment 125079

175 metres to the houses by the station.

Or

View attachment 125080

244 metres to nearest house in Falmer village.

Your measuring line goes over two houses next to the station which are much closer.

The statement that Elland Road has better external features than the Amex, however, clearly makes this bollocks. What external features are they exactly, the Ring Road or the semi derelict industrial areas?

Last edited:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Your measuring line goes over two houses next to the station which are much closer.

The statement that Elland Road has better external features than the Amex, however, clearly makes this bollocks. What external features are they exactly, the Ring Road or the semi derelict industrial areas?

Maybe the friendly locals that put a nail in my tyre a few years ago.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I was surprised how well the Amex came out of this to be honest. I love the place and wouldn't swap it. I think it is a fantastic stadium, but the location was always a massive compromise.

It seems that Anfield outscores Old Trafford in every category, which I thought was a little odd. Footballing wise no argument right now, but just on stadium size, I would have expected to see a different result.

Agree, it looks like we are 10th in England overall. Not bad for its location and capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here