Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How suprised would you be if Poke played today?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If people think Ankergren's the real problem, then I must be watching a different side. He ain't the greatest 'keeper in the world, but find the stick he gets - for the failings of the rest of the team - quite pathetic, frankly. I haven't seen Poke play for ages, but he would've had to improve considerably to be pressing for a 1st Team start imo.

I was watching the game on Tuesday with somebody who has adopted The Albion as his local club (originally from Scotland) so his comments were missing the usual bias towards favourite/least favourite players, etc. He was shocked at how flappy and un-nerving for the defence Casper was. I've always thought that his inability to command his area is his weakness and lately he seems to be getting more jittery. Perfect time for him to show us what Gus sees in him.

It's looking likely that we'll have a new keeper in the squad before the next transfer window closes-if only for some serious competition for Ankergren.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I was watching the game on Tuesday with somebody who has adopted The Albion as his local club (originally from Scotland) so his comments were missing the usual bias towards favourite/least favourite players, etc. He was shocked at how flappy and un-nerving for the defence Casper was. I've always thought that his inability to command his area is his weakness and lately he seems to be getting more jittery. Perfect time for him to show us what Gus sees in him.

It's looking likely that we'll have a new keeper in the squad before the next transfer window closes-if only for some serious competition for Ankergren.

Well fair enough if that's his opinion, but I hardly think Ankergren should be singled-out after that abject collective performance. Maybe he would up his game quality 'keeper breathing down his neck, but you could say the same for all of 'em (bar Bridcutt & CMS). I'm just hope they can ALL up their games & cut out the stupid mistakes - starting at Ipswich today.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ankergren is a good shot stopper, good reflexes, reasonable distribution, knows our game but is WANK at crosses. If I was an opposition manager I'd be playing my biggest centre forward and fastest right winger and telling him to keep putting the crosses in between the penalty spot and 6 yard line. Its a weakness.

hunter121

Banned
Mar 17, 2011
It would also signal the end for Brezo, which probably isn't the case right now.
10.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Extremely. If Gus wants to change his keeper (he won't) then he'd bring in his second choice, if he rated Poke above Brezovan than he'd be on the bench.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Saw Poke play in the SSC, thought he was total shite, so if was to play today, I would be totally amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using telepathic powers.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I'm not in the "Ankergren is shit" brigade, but he is very dodgy on crosses AND he doesn't breed confidence. A goalkeeper is supposed to own his box. You never see him pointing, hear him shouting, slagging off his defence, this is what I want to see/hear from him.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I'm not in the "Ankergren is shit" brigade, but he is very dodgy on crosses AND he doesn't breed confidence. A goalkeeper is supposed to own his box. You never see him pointing, hear him shouting, slagging off his defence, this is what I want to see/hear from him.

Can get away with it in League 1, but not the championship and beyond. Was talking to my Leeds supporting mate in the pub about this last night, he said that was the main reason that they got rid after promotion.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
based upon the team and subs just announced, i would be very surprised if Poke Started.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Pretty much what the scots guy said after the Palace game. Pretty much what a lot of us have been saying too. He's not shit but he isn't good at times either-some of those punches he makes are awful. I think we definitely need a new number 1 keeper-not blaming Ankergren for the recent defeats, just my opinion that we need better.

xLostprophet

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
I too don't think all the blame can be put on one player, but it's clear that Casper is seriously lacking confidence right now. He has some serious weaknesses that Championship sides will exploit & have exploited.

I don't know how true this is but I've heard Marcus Hahnemann has no club at the mo? Maybe someone of his experience would be good to mix it up a bit and provide some proper competition in between the sticks?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here