Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How pleased are you with our transfer business?

Happy with deadline day?

• Over the moon! Very very happy

Votes: 96 61.9%
  • Pretty good, happy to trust Gus

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Underwhelmed, Wheres Bobby?

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Rubbish, the worst day ever!

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
3 out of the 4 players have experience and won promotion from the Championship and the 4th has played at top Spanish level so very happy.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
i am pretty happy, decent signings, hammond would be a great signing... If only it wasn't dean ****ing hammond.

This sums up tonight perfectly

2uolw2g.jpg

^^^^^^^so this^^^^^^^

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Come on mate, you knew the response to this poll before you even posted it!

Best transfer deadline day ever!

Well, according to the Hammond poll, there are 32 people ready to boo him when he appears.

I don't think any deadline day that produces a player that supporters are ready to barrack before he does anything can really be called 'best transfer deadline day ever'.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Have you seen the time?

Counts for shit. There's news still coming out of clubs - just because it's gone eleven, doesn't mean everything's over. Didn't Spurs sign somebody five hours after deadline recently, citing fax machine issues or some such bollocks? His tweet (see other thread) is a lot more reassuring, though.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
So wheres the ONE man we have been after???..no where, that's where. So it's as you were. Hammond, no thanks, as for the others some good signings but nthing that is going to see us push on apart from Lopez. The striker was the key and we didn't get him. Just papering over the cracks, but carry on.

Do you ever write positive things? Im sure you a nice guy and all that but jeeze....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So wheres the ONE man we have been after???..no where, that's where. So it's as you were. Hammond, no thanks, as for the others some good signings but nthing that is going to see us push on apart from Lopez. The striker was the key and we didn't get him. Just papering over the cracks, but carry on.

Should have gone for Andy carroll, shouldn't we? His style of play would fit in nicely. (Irony alert)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
excellent and we haven't even started the 200 daily binfests about the loan signings yet.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Have you seen the time? To the op excellent signing this close season the squad is so much better than last year puts us right in the mix, I'm loving it.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, with this squad and the overall feeling and confidence around the club I genuinely think we are now top 6 material. I certainly don't think we will have one of those spells like last season when we fell apart and lost so many points for 6-8 games.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I feel pretty damn good tonight.

Me too-we're witnessing a bloody amazing transformation of our football club. I've never known anything like it in all my time following The Albion.

I'm not saying we're dead certs for promotion or the playoffs but it must be f***ing awful being a Chrystal Payless fan tonight. No matter where we finish at the end of the season, the last 2 days has been fantastic for us and the Payless numpties will be apoplectic.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Great signings all round if Hammond decides he wants to come back and win the league then let him prove himself. He is our player now so we gotta get behind him and the team all the way!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do you ever write positive things? Im sure you a nice guy and all that but jeeze....

Cheers, I am a nice guy thanks.just very frustrated that I cant' say what I really think/know.....I'm sure we will do ok this season but where's the big man who everyone knew and Gus said we were after.........Bothroyd/Cole/Beckford/,,,,,,,,etc etc etc..

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
Extremely pleased with the quality we have in midfield still wouldn't mind a loan signing for a striker but wouldn't be entirely bothered as long as Poyet continue to play Barnes in a forward role like against Barnsley but overall pleased!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Cheers, I am a nice guy thanks.just very frustrated that I cant' say what I really think/know.....I'm sure we will do ok this season but where's the big man who everyone knew and Gus said we were after.........Bothroyd/Cole/Beckford/,,,,,,,,etc etc etc..

When has Gus said that he was after a 'big man'? Didn't he say he wanted a 'presence'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here