Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How panicked are you?

How panicked are you at the Albion's (lack of) transfer activity?

• 10 (Bedwetting every night)

Votes: 9 2.8%

Votes: 10 3.1%

Votes: 21 6.5%

Votes: 32 9.8%

Votes: 41 12.6%

Votes: 37 11.4%

Votes: 33 10.2%

Votes: 39 12.0%

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • 1 (As cool as a cucumber)

Votes: 78 24.0%

• Total voters

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Sheets are getting damper with every passing day (or night).

We might well have to wait until the final day of the transfer window, but by then, we could already have dropped several points, so that we'll frantically be playing catch-up during September and October.

Also, players signed on final day will probably need a few weeks to gel and fit-in, whereas if they'd been with us during pre-season and played in the friendlies, we'd hit the ground running from the start.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

We might well have to wait until the final day of the transfer window, but by then, we could already have dropped several points, so that we'll frantically be playing catch-up during September and October.

Also, players signed on final day will probably need a few weeks to gel and fit-in, whereas if they'd been with us during pre-season and played in the friendlies, we'd hit the ground running.
It's so important to get off to a good start as well because our run in is horrific.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am pretty calm generally (mainly because there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it so there's no point in getting annoyed). However, I did hope we'd be further forward with our signings at this point in pre season and hopefully Norwood looking set to go on loan is a sign one more is close.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I am pretty calm generally (mainly because there is absolutely nothing any of us can do about it so there's no point in getting annoyed). However, I did hope we'd be further forward with our signings at this point in pre season and hopefully Norwood looking set to go on loan is a sign one more is close.

No offence but you are not a season ticket holder

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What makes you think that? I am a season ticket holder. And, if I wasn't, I'd still have no control over Albion signings so there is no point in getting annoyed really.

I thought you wasn't. The point i was making is that if you wasn't you haven't got to watch every home game with a weak team.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I thought you wasn't. The point i was making is that if you wasn't you haven't got to watch every home game with a weak team.

Well I am and I don't see how it's relates to my point. Does it actually help to get annoyed and panic every day on here and social media? Will it mean there are signings made quicker? The summer is the off season, there is plenty of time to get stressed about Albion during the season (and to be fair I also did say I had hoped the club would be further forward with signings by now).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Also, players signed on final day will probably need a few weeks to gel and fit-in, whereas if they'd been with us during pre-season and played in the friendlies, we'd hit the ground running from the start.

I think we need at least one quality signing (i.e. one that will be in our starting 11 when the season kicks off) in the next week or two. The three positions that I'm most concerned about are: up-front; CM; a support striker, wide forward or winger, or perhaps some combination of those. The good news is that there have been some positive movements on one of those positions of late.
I'm more concerned about getting the best quality (for outlay on fee and wages) than the timing, however. There are only three games before the transfer window closes, and I'd be stunned if we got anything from City. After the transfer window closes, there is over a week before the next game, so that gives plenty of time to acclimatise any new additions.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well I am and I don't see how it's relates to my point. Does it actually help to get annoyed and panic every day on here and social media? Will it mean there are signings made quicker? The summer is the off season, there is plenty of time to get stressed about Albion during the season (and to be fair I also did say I had hoped the club would be further forward with signings by now).

Each to there own fella. Annoyed no. Panicked no. Disappointed yes. We are fans/customers at the end of the day and are perfectly entitled to our views even if you personally don't like them.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Each to there own fella. Annoyed no. Panicked no. Disappointed yes. We are fans/customers at the end of the day and are perfectly entitled to our views even if you personally don't like them.

I am not arguing with that but this thread is how panicked are you. So you are saying not very. I am not saying people can't get annoyed/panicked, it is just that I don't bother as I don't see the point. As you say, we are all entitled to our views.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we don't sign a striker soon our chances of survival this year are somewhere between Prince Philip and Charlie Gard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here