Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much World Cup viewing are you planning?

gully1984

May 3, 2014
I usually watch every single match, although this year I've committed the schoolboy error of booking a holiday mid tournament! However, it does mean I can watch Italy vs England in Italy, if I look to watch any other matches while away Mrs SCO won't be pleased.

Under the thumb??

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Have booked the whole time off from work, using a good percentage of my holiday allowance! Can't wait, wanna watch every game, see it all unfold and cannot wait for each England game.

Every tournament feels so different and has so many stories and I cannot wait. Will be in Majorca for a week of it so watching games in the sun! Told the girlfriend book wherever you want, but we must be in a suitable place for watching each game every night and she agreed. Perfect.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Gonna watch as many games as I physically can as I do for every World Cup/Euro's. Unfortunately my girlfriend absolutely DETESTS football so will be watching a lot of it hidden away on the laptop. Thank god for the internet!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tend to watch the early games on an ad-hoc basis and only pick specific games later in the tournament. That said, I will look up both Brasil and Germany in the early states as I think these two will be the teams to watch.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
To be honest not really even thought about it yet

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have to semi-convince the Spanish girlfriend of how record-breaking this world cup will be for her people and that not watching them and all other games is a national sin. Then, I won't really let her talk to me for a month as I absorb all that is humanly possible for a working man nearing his 40s who gets rather exhausted in the second half hour of your average scandi noir thanks to all them bleeding brainusing subtitles.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Depends. i'm going into hospital on the 12th for an op and expect to be in for week or so. I will have free wifi and my iPad (guess I may take my laptop, I'll have to think about that). Will see what I feel like and what connection I get, but I will have time on my hands.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you one of these who only watches the England games, or the ones involving the big footballing nations like Brazil, or will you be GLUED to as much football as you can get your hands on?

Notwithstanding the fact that, in the final round of group games, both matches are played simultaneously, is anybody going for a World Cup Full House? :)

There are some epic days of football viewing lined up (all times are BST). Saturday 13th into the Sunday morning looks like a big day :thumbsup:

Thursday 12th June

Brazil v Croatia 9pm

Friday 13th June
Mexico v Cameroon 5pm
Spain v Holland 8pm
Chile v Australia 11pm

Saturday 14th June

Colombia v Greece 5pm
Uruguay v Costa Rica 8pm
England v Italy 11pm

Sunday 15th June

Ivory Coast v Japan 2am (this should probably be tagged on to your Saturday night, post-England viewing for continuity purposes :drink:)
Switzerland v Ecuador 5pm
France v Honduras 8pm
Argentina v Bosnia 11pm

Monday 16th June

Germany v Portugal 5pm
Iran v Nigeria 8pm
Ghana v USA 11pm

Tuesday 17th June

Belgium v Algeria 5pm
Brazil v Mexico 8pm
Russia v South Korea 11pm

Wednesday 18th June
Australia v Holland 5pm
Spain v Chile 8pm
Cameroon v Croatia 11pm

Thursday 19th June

Colombia v Ivory Coast 5pm
Uruguay v England 8pm
Japan v Greece 11pm

Friday 20th June

Italy v Costa Rica 5pm
Switzerland v France 8pm
Honduras v Ecuador 11pm

Saturday 21st June

Argentina v Iran 5pm
Germany v Ghana 8pm
Nigeria v Bosnia 11pm

Sunday 22nd June
Belgium v Russia 5pm
South Korea v Algeria 8pm
USA v Portugal 11pm

Monday 23rd June

Australia v Spain & Holland v Chile (5pm)
Cameroon v Brazil & Croatia v Mexico (9pm)

Tuesday 24th June

Italy v Uruguay & Costa Rica v England (5pm)
Japan v Colombia & Greece v Ivory Coast (9pm)

Wednesday 25th June

Nigeria v Argentina & Bosnia v Iran (5pm)
Honduras v Switzerland & Ecuador v France (9pm)

Thursday 26th June

USA v Germany & Portugal v Ghana (5pm)
South Korea v Belgium & Algeria v Russia (9pm)

Then a horrible, football-free day on the Friday, until the second round games start :ohmy:

Round of 16: 2 games per day on the 28th, 29th, 30th of June and the 1st July.

Quarter finals on the 4th and 5th July

Semi finals on the 8th and 9th, and the final on the 13th.

The. Lot*

*except the 2am one, one the ones that clash.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find myself wondering which key England player will injure himself in the run up to the first game?

I don't suppose we have so many players these days that we're absolutely reliant on, as it seems to be more of a team and less about individual so-called stars, so perhaps we'll be spared that media-led drama this time, even if (say) Gerrard pulls a hamstring.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It looks likely that UK based people will watch more than usual because of the fixture times.

I have no expectations for England's progress, so will probably sit back and just enjoy the football feast.

With this, cricket, and the England Rugby tour of New Zealand (as well as other home nations elsewhere), June is looking like a splendid sporting month.

I've got 17 of the 30 days showing sporting events I'm interested in, and that's without non-England games in Brazil. So much so, I've put it all on an Excel spreadsheet.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Oh, and once England get knocked out, I lose interest completely and rarely watch any more of it.

I will probably watch almost all of them. I tend to enjoy the games I am a neutral for much more anyway so if England go out early it's a bonus for me!

I find the WC much more enjoyable after England get knocked out. The worry, the jingoistic commentary and those weird people who only watch sport if its England all disappear and I can watch some quality football on terrestrial telly in peace.
The time difference has also gloriously made watching every game achievable. Just have to sort out my two screen setup for the final round of group games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here