Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much ticket demand was influenced by Manure

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How did tickets sell for the last SF v City?
I do know of a few STH who have purchased guest tickets for their kids/grandkids who are United fans. But who knows, in amongst us and 1:0 up they could be swayed to support us.

Jimmy Grimble

How many did we take to Cardiff for the play off when we were small? 28,000?

The 91 play off final, 40,000? Notts County took about 16k.

We’ve always had big latent support, Bloom uncorked the genie.

It would be just as many going if it was Liverpool or Arsenal.
Or anyone for that matter. Opposition is irrelevant.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Playing Man utd is the pull. Much more exciting than any other big club. Best fixture by a long shot
Is it weird I don’t see as big of an appeal to watching us play United any more? Growing up as a kid I dreamed about Brighton one day being a club that could size itself up against Man United. Now, Ive seen Brighton humiliate United in person…twice. Dont get me wrong its a great feeling, but its not exactly a novelty any more- we have beaten all the big clubs now and what may have been a hoodoo in the past feels less so. We’ve accomplished things I thought were total pipe dreams.

The big appeal to me is not who we play anymore. Its about winning the FA cup and being there if (and hopefully when) it happens. The fact its United will get a fair bit of hype but right now the team seems so much more focused on the goal and I’m right behind that.

Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I can understand the unhappy people in that you can usually pick up tickets for most games (except the big 6) with purchase history alone.

The cynic in me (or maybe I’m stating the obvious) says that great deal of ticket demand has been driven by Manure fans with Brighton as a second team. Maybe I’m wrong but any thoughts?
My thoughts are that you are wrong. We shifted 30,000+ tickets for the League 2 Play-off Final in Cardiff in 2004 against Brizzle City when we were still at Withdean with an 8,000 capacity. And our full allocation was snapped-up in 2019 for the Man.City semi-final. There's bound to be a few United in our areas but as I'm sure many can corroborate on here, Albion fans are not shy about getting tickets in the opposition stands when necessary.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here