Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money will Hughton get this summer?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liam Ridgewell is a left sided CB, we have 2 of those - Dunk and Hunemeier.

More sensible to bring in a right sided CB for competition with Goldson.

Unless Dunk goes.

Is Dunk a left sided CB by choice or out of necessity as I feel that he could play equally well as a right sided CB . He is not naturally left footed.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The speed that Greer etc were released would suggest they have players lined up to me. Money will be an overall budget increase rather than a set sum but I would expect that TB will loosen the strings as much as he can. If we retain the core of our squad, we clearly have a very good chance next season even if the division is harder. Despite being top scorers I think we need a greater threat in the final third, I will expect those players (Surely it will be two) to come from abroad. Prices here prohibit signing real quality. Some midfield competition, I'd like to see Jordan Cousins from Charlton who I think is a good player. A starter/competition at LB as I don't think Bong after his injury was the same player. Rico Henry from Walsall if we could get him is very well thought of.

A young centre half and then look at replacing any who go on a like for like basis.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not once did I hear any of those words or words to that effect in his season review.

If you are talking about his statement of 'There won't be as much as last season' , he's talking about the recruitment of personnel, not in monetary terms.

I would expect somewhere similar to our net spend last season, 9-10m or so.. really depends if we get 'our man' rather than settling for a more expensive alternative

I'd say we need 6 players, potentially 3 or 4 of those in cover/rotation. Moreover, the large part of the budget can be spent on a you know what (or two).

Okay, I guess you may be right, I have watched interview again and can see your point.
I just thought along the lines of spending :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well certainly not as much as last season, as stated by TB.
CH will have to do his magic all over again next season.
Frugal is the word :)

TB is bound to say that. If he said 'we are going to spend BIG' then all the fees will go up. He's not the crafty Lizard for nothing :lolol:

Given this is a crystal ball gaxing and tea leaf reading thread (licks finger and points it skyward, with a hopeful demeanour) I'd say that this season TB will effing go for it. Reason being, we have a great manager and set up, some reasonable players who have already shown what is possible, and very few holes left in the wall to fill with bricks.

But I am more than happy that people still think we are little old Brighton, with no resources. Dick 'Tight' was good at giving that impression (at a time when we had one of the highest wage bills in the league, admittedly it was league 4 at the time). So . . .. shhhhhhhh! :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
TB is bound to say that. If he said 'we are going to spend BIG' then all the fees will go up. He's not the crafty Lizard for nothing :lolol:

Given this is a crystal ball gaxing and tea leaf reading thread (licks finger and points it skyward, with a hopeful demeanour) I'd say that this season TB will effing go for it. Reason being, we have a great manager and set up, some reasonable players who have already shown what is possible, and very few holes left in the wall to fill with bricks.

But I am more than happy that people still think we are little old Brighton, with no resources. Dick 'Tight' was good at giving that impression (at a time when we had one of the highest wage bills in the league, admittedly it was league 4 at the time). So . . .. shhhhhhhh! :lolol:
Excellent :)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Amazed at some of the low figures being mentioned. It will be upwards of £10 million but all deals will be undisclosed.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Been trying to work out why TB has said we won’t be bringing in as many as last summer. We have let 5 go and 2 loanees have gone back so 7 out. Then I remembered our loanees out JFC, Ince and Rea, so there’s cover for the midfield and a young CB already on the books.
I know they have their detractors but it really should be their time, maybe not Rea but the other two are either good enough as cover now or may never be. Happy to leave that for CH to sort out. Pretty sure he will have a different opinion to some on here!
So 2 CFs and cover at FB as a minimum, for me.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think Bloom was just saying we wouldn't need to sign as many player's as we did last pre season . No mention of money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here