Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money do we have for players?

Sorry for the stupid question, but does anyone have an idea? I guess Dick Knight (or the forces of BHAFC) seperates the money at the beginning of the season to different areas where the club needs to spend/buy/maintain the club. I thought we had some money left over to buy another player? Am I wrong? Or are they holding out for the next "big thing" (well we do have a habit of picking up good players at a cheap price).

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good answer CB

BB we would never know because if the amount were known, clubs selling players would put the price up.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
chemical brother said:
try ringing up the club and asking

xx

good answer.

anyway it's more about wages than buying someone for a fee, there are enough frees out there. The "money for players" assumption was a PR smokescreen to soften the blow when Coppell went IMHO. We have next to nothing, and Knight will not borrow for players.

I was only asking if anyone had an idea (or percentage). I heard through the grapevine that we had more money - I only wondered if this was for one player, 2 players, etc?

But thank you for such a valuable imput Yorkie and CB

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
17 pence

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The common factor rate I have heard discussed around the big table is 12.6.

Now if you project this into the fourth quartile, and take into account the currently low RPI - it could make all the difference.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BrightonBird said:

But thank you for such a valuable imput Yorkie and CB

Do I detect a note of sarcasm there?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was being serious.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Knight found it down the side of his sofa over Christmas.

don't be sorry, it's a perfectly reasonable question

like I said, the best thing to do is to ring the club and ask to speak to martin perry

ask him how much is available for spending on new players and what the club's bank balance is so you can work out what the transfer budget is as a percentage

ask him what the alternatives to falmer are, when he expects a decision and what he's having for lunch as well

if he's not in ring the ticket office, you could also ask them where the car park is at withdean and how you can get apply for the away membership scheme

xx

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Bozza said:
The common factor rate I have heard discussed around the big table is 12.6.

Now if you project this into the fourth quartile, and take into account the currently low RPI - it could make all the difference.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here.

I think that you forgot to take into account the change in APR on the outstanding loan, but conversely the contingency fund performed better than expected (probably the very weak dollar and the emergence of TSOL helped here). And using the ANTELOPE model of projecting future growth it comes out at more like 14.4. Quite an improvement I think you'll agree.

Nov 3, 2003
Chemical - very good questions but you forgot the questions to ask the lap dog perry about have the club saved enough pennies amountint to 50 million pounds for the new stadoiumj and also when are the fixtures out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here