Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do we pay for the Withdean seats?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
what if we all bought our seats, then we could coustomize them.
id turn mine into a Jimmy saville style chair, mabye leppard skin fur, and a puff in front of me to rest my feet!

Ows aBout that?!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd have a lazy boy chair. Fridge in the arm rest for beer and it would massage my back too. The people in front and behind might be a bit annoyed when i recline it though.

Ka-Pow Burst into flames.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Might have missed the discussion, but were they at The Open or Silverstone this weekend? They usually go to both, I thought.

Well travelled seats, those. Go to more major sporting events than I do some years.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'd move my seat to the home dugout !

Albion Rob

Because, Dropkick, I am going to hire them all out next week and stick them in Hampden Park for a local 6-a-side youth tournament.

No, not really, just thought it can't be cheap having about 5,000 seats on loan for a season, even if it was £1 per seat per week I would put that at around £25k per year (not including The Open and Silverstone). Am basically trying to get some idea of the putgoings the club has just to stage a home fixture.

As far as I know, there is nothing at Withdean that belongs to the Albion.

The Club gets the use of the facilities (including the ground, changing rooms, hospitality facilities and the Ecovert stewards) in exchange for a negotiated fee. More or less the same arrangements that the two athletics clubs have. And the pre-school nursery, who use the "Players' Hospitality Area" during the week.

Ecovert keep the catering revenue.

That said, I seem to remember it was BHAFC who paid for the pitch improvements a couple of seasons ago.

When the REMF game was played in April, all of the arrangements were made with Ecovert, not the football club. In fairness to Ecovert, they provided the facilities free of charge, and were very helpful.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Albion Rob said:
..........just thought it can't be cheap having about 5,000 seats on loan for a season, even if it was £1 per seat per week I would put that at around £25k per year (not including The Open and Silverstone). Am basically trying to get some idea of the putgoings the club has just to stage a home fixture.

Understand where you're coming from but it might work out cheaper for the club to rent the seats than pay for them outright and bear the costs of any ongoing maintenance.

If Mr. Perry has done his sums right and negotiated a decent contract then the cost of the seats shouldn't be a cause for worry.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, like that pub/works team in the current Lotto advert... which has better training facilities than the Albion!

I cringe when I see that ad. I wonder what our players think?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here