Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much do the Fixtures Mean to You?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
As an exile it's all about planning and getting cheap rail fares, and sky changing dates. So yes very important. Really p****d off about Brizzle being a Tues night.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Knowing the fixtures is vitally important as it can mean the difference between watching a game of football or sitting on your own in an empty stadium!!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
maybe worth looking into flying from Bordeaux,they (easyjet) fly to Gatwick?

I've just pencilled in Bristol City 20th October,currently return flights from Toulouse will set me back 97 euros,excellent value

I already know my holidays for next year so the fixtures being released fairly well in advance is great news

can and have done weekend games,but the flights are so much cheaper midweek

and Bristol City on a Tuesday night is very unlikely to be moved,that said I haven't checked the League Cup dates!

Cheers for that. I hadn't thought about going from Bordeaux. Pity it is to Gatwick (because of the check in times etc), but still better than going the ferry route. The beauty of La Rochelle airport is it is just an hours flight, check-in an hour before and you are off the plane and through customs in about 10 minutes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Means nowt to me personally, but somebody told me yesterday that if you book First Class in advance to, say, Birmingham, it costs you about a fiver more than it costs to not book First Class.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very little. They haven't come out as I wanted them to. Can they be put back in again ?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Am moving to France in 10 days time which will mean a significant increase on travelling times and cost.

IF ..( a big 'if') the fixtures stayed as they are now I can book flights ahead from La Rochelle to Southampton for a cost of about £100 return and a 2-3 hour travelling time each way (including rail travel to the Amex).

When they change the fixtures at very short notice (bloody Sky TV), often the plane is already full and the cost prohibitive. This leaves me with the cross channel Ferry (Newhaven to Dieppe). Cost will work out at at an average of £250-£300 return (fuel and ferry charge) and a travelling time of 12-13 hours each way.

Does anyone (Acker ?) have the details of how many home fixtures were changed last season from the original dates given ?

Lightweight

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My favourite part of fixtures day is people posting they'll have to miss game X because they are on holiday or game Y because they have to attend a wedding that day. Absolutely thrilling stuff, can't get enough of it.

Laugh out very loud :clap:

Jan 30, 2008
Absolutely nothing! We seem to be playing teams twice once home and also away! Watched 4 games last season will be surprised if i watch as many this season.:moo: Was hoping for chelsea at home first game followed by utd away next game:moo::moo:
yep, anyone getting a boner over a football fixture list needs to give their head a wobble IMHO
regards
DR

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think away games matter. If you ever go of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here