Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much BUSINESS will we do on transfer deadline day?

How many bits of BUSINESS will we do on transfer deadline day?

• None - we've done our business early. There's nothing to see here

Votes: 23 12.9%

Votes: 16 9.0%

Votes: 40 22.5%

Votes: 35 19.7%

Votes: 26 14.6%

Votes: 17 9.6%

Votes: 8 4.5%

Votes: 5 2.8%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Well, i'm feeling positive today. I reckon we'll have a clear out sale, Bloom will recoup his money and pull down the shutters. This Premier League malarky is tougher than it looked.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Can't see more than five Connor seems nailed on, a goalkeeper in, a defender to replace Connor and two expensive strikers.

Hopefully.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think we'll know once Winstanley finishes his morning warm up.....
de0751482af576b99a8a5e4d2a5cae11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I want to make it clear that I'm not criticising Andy nor anyone else at all, but it strikes me that the newsflow is generally something like this...

1. Something breaks on Twitter or from an overseas media organisation.
2. Albion fans pick up on it. It may or may not be posted on here.
3. <Something>
4. Andy Naylor confirms link as player being 'monitored' or rubbishes the news.

Now, I'm pretty sure I know what step 3 is. As you say, Andy is trusted by the club, at least in situations that suit the club.

What does genuinely seem to be missing, and it's what I take his critics as highlighting, is Andy seems to be rarely, if ever, in position 1 of the newsflow. When did he last genuinely reveal a name that no one knew about before? He may do it often - I don't spend much time on twitter and even less on the horrendous Argus site.

And that's exactly what has played out this morning with regard to Stefano Denswil. There's no indication that Denswil was on Andy's radar at all this morning as, looking now, there was no mention in his morning 'scene setter'. It then gets mentioned in other media, on twitter, on NSC and then a text, call or email happens.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So the way I see it is we have signed some no mark from the Portuguese league and that is it right? I'm now going to wet the bed if that's ok! I'd have rather stayed in the Championship if I'd known the club have ****ed about with the transfer window as they have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here