Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you able to focus on life right now?

How is your life focus right now?

• Fully focused

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Slightly distracted

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Massively distracted

Votes: 105 51.0%
  • What's that? There's something other than the Albion happening right now?

Votes: 39 18.9%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I often get annoyed with myself for thinking about it all the time and caring so much. I tell myself in the bigger scheme of things it doesn't really matter does it ? "Yeah right", the voices all shout back at me.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm not doing very well at all

I'm focusing on the next game also keen to see the other teams result but I can't help looking long term too. If we fail with auto I do fear for us in the play offs as I worry about morale etc if our challenge goes to the wire.

What makes this worse is that I am in no doubt that we deserve this more than any of the other teams. I know this means nothing but build into this the rewards on offer and the harder task we face next season fills be with dread.

I'm taking it to seriously I know but having seen my club nearly taken from me and being within touching distance to the promised land makes this feel like the most important phase of my life.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Last time I saw Albion in the top flight was at Highfield Road.I'm confident of watching them at the Hawthorns soon,shame Villa are down!I'm just off up Yardley Fields to my local,where I will contemplate the meaning of life over a pint or 2.(Yes,we do have fields in Brum,contrary to what some on here think).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like everyone else, all I'm thinking about is how it all might unfold and how I'm going to deal with any utterly deflating scenario where we don't finish in the top two.

I'm currently chewing over the scenario where we keep crushing teams - QPR by a clear three goals - and Burnley go and beat ruddy Preston having already drawn or beaten Middlesbrough.

See, it's not nice. This could be construed as proof that I'm not coping well at all.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm in hell right now.

I missed my bus this morning because I was working out every possible points permutation from the next four games, for us, Burnley and 'Boro. This computation continued to the extent that I then missed by stop and had to walk back on myself.

After getting into work - late - I had very little time before having to jump onto a conference call. I spoke about the project having "three key points." I instantly stopped talking.. the silence was deafening - the client was waiting for me to continue - but my eyes were glazed and I was thinking about the three points we need to take from QPR this Tuesday.

I have a million pieces of paper on my desk, but yet I'm here - reading NSC. Just incase there's some injury news or other nugget of information that might have a tangible effect on results. I'm hoping Preston don't pick up any injuries away at Birmingham - what is the chances they will? What effect would that have on the Burnley game. Maybe it'd force them to play more defensively - is that good good thing? What if they just soak up pressure and break? Surely we want them to go for the win? Would this injury effect that? Have many bookings do Preston players have - could a suspension be looming? What about Burnley? Surely Barton is always a risk?

It. Is. Never. Ending.

Also the missus is seven months pregnant.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Got up this morning at 4.00am to drive down to Pompey to start another years contract and in the 3 hr drive down I was going through all the possibilities and then hoping the Site Agent is a footie fan so I can shoot of early tomorrow ( he is a big saints fan and is right into his footie) so that's good
Then going through all the site induction stuff but then thinking of Tuesday night and then wondering then about the result tomorrow if it goes belly up and the dread of going through that play off heartbreak again

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I'm singing Albion songs a lot to myself, while out driving, round the house. The run in and the excitement of it all is on my mind most of the time. I was round my parents house earlier and heard my Dad singing Sussex by the sea to himself too

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
*As you asked, I've got up this morning, been to the gym, home, showered, about to walk into town to order some carpets, then I'll come back and spend twenty minutes or so on hold to Southern Water while I wait for them to tell me where the hell my waste water bills have got to.

Taking each game as it comes, me. 100% focused on the task(s) in hand.

Bleeding hell - life in the fast lane Edna! :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm having to constantly reprimand myself for not taking 'one game at a time'.

This is all very exciting even for an eternal pessimist.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really need to get my arse into gear on several fronts, but it feels like my life is on hold as I largely spend all of my time either:

- Reading NSC
- Looking at fixtures and league tables

How is your general life focus right now?
Identical, with the only exception being that I'm only looking at one league table. It doesn't change very often.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
then I'll come back and spend twenty minutes or so on hold to Southern Water while I wait for them to tell me where the hell my waste water bills have got to.
Too late, they've defaulted your account.

Worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, complete incompetence.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Quite bizarrely my Albion mojo is relatively low at the moment. I think my brain chemistry is harking back to the Goldstone days of perennial struggle and can't properly process recent happenings.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Affected far more than on any previous TableWatch since we slowly but surely pegged back Reading in the Withdean era. Just like then, Smells Like Team Spirit :albion:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Oh FFS - I've even forgotten to turn the TV on for my binge-watch of 'Four in a Bed' and 'Come Dine With Me' today. That shows just how bloody distracted I am.

It's three in a bed. Not that I watch it of course.

Lush

Mods' Pet
As promotion from the Championship is a three horse race, I've been wondering if we could wage a successful campaign for all three teams to be promoted due to exceptional circumstances.

Might design a poster to this effect this afternoon...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's three in a bed. Not that I watch it of course.

13a8bf2e42cd34bc1106a16132681387.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ipswich fan at work thinks that they will meet us in the play off final. :nono:

For that to happen, the following needs to take place:

1. Ipswich need to make up NINE points on Sheffield Wednesday, over the course of the final four matches.
2. Cardiff need to also drop 4 more than Ipswich.
3. Either Derby or Hull need to make up EIGHT points on the Albion (if we finish third, we would play sixth in the P/O semis, so couldn't face Ipswich in the final)
4. Both the Albion and Ipswich would have to win their semis (against Derby and Hull)

I think the odds are QUITE long...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone getting their blood pressure tested in the next few weeks needs to tell them you're a Brighton fan. Seriously!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here