Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many times does Solly March play well a season?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The new contract to ward off EPL suitors would suggest that Solly is more than just a decent championship player

He's a home grown squad player that isn't costing us an inflated transfer fee, and it makes good sense for us to keep a player with potential most likely on sensible wages (by EPL standards, although I have no basis for knowing this).

Personally, think he'll find himself with even less opportunities this season, however he has the ability and potential, just not quite taken that final step yet. Reliable when needed though.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Seems to me that last year we discovered that Solly has the ability to be a very very good left wing-back, but at this level an out and out winger he is not (his crosses are far too poor).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes he did.

18 starts and 18 sub appearances.

1 goal, 1 assist.

Unhelpful - assist stats.

For example they don’t include the penalty he won with a clever turn at Southampton, that earns us a point, nor anything for the bit of skill that carved open Leicester, in a match that we never looked like scoring. That Murray then missed the resulting penalty doesn’t alter March’s contribution.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Unhelpful - assist stats.

For example they don’t include the penalty he won with a clever turn at Southampton, that earns us a point, nor anything for the bit of skill that carved open Leicester, in a match that we never looked like scoring. That Murray then missed the resulting penalty doesn’t alter March’s contribution.

4 big chances created whole season, so there’s the meaningful stat you wanted. Also 16% crossing accuracy.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can think of Bournemouth away and Chelsea at home from last season. But generally he's flattered to decieve. Used to put a bit more effort in but seems a bit cockier now. His antics at Liverpool last season were idiotic.

The harsh reality is that the kid gets paid big bucks. It's make or break time this season.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How many times a season do you post anything other than absolute negativity?
Tedious. So very tedious.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
4 big chances created whole season, so there’s the meaningful stat you wanted. Also 16% crossing accuracy.

They were what are known as ‘examples’ ffs. Watch back plenty of other highlights. He’s involved more often than the snipers on here like to pretend.

The brilliant team goal, finished by Izquierdo at Stoke? March instrumental in that, for EXAMPLE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
March is at his best when brought on against tired defenders. Yesterday he was poor because he has not built an understanding with Bernardo who kept giving him the ball and expecting it back in a one two but it never came Knockhaert was equally poor because he kept running into congested areas of players to try to beat them all after being given the ball by Bruno. For both of them to be considered first choice this season they have both got to look at their game and offer more creativity to the team.

This question should not have to be asked of either as they need to provide more consistency to make such a question difficult to answer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seems to me that last year we discovered that Solly has the ability to be a very very good left wing-back, but at this level an out and out winger he is not (his crosses are far too poor).

Yes his crossing is poor, he never appears to look where he wants to put it. He also appears reluctant to take a player on but when forced if he does and beats him it sets him up to roast him for the rest of the game.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They were what are known as ‘examples’ ffs. Watch back plenty of other highlights. He’s involved more often than the snipers on here like to pretend.

The brilliant team goal, finished by Izquierdo at Stoke? March instrumental in that, for EXAMPLE.

All I’ve said he isn’t not really that effective, he’s okay option for the bench and that’s all he’ll ever be for a team trying to push up the premier league playing the way we do. Think he’d be better player in a more attacking style team.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
His Whoscored player ratings are not too bad considering it was his first season at this level. Seems to score higher when he plays from the start.

image.png

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh good, not only have we nearly completed our transfer business early, weve already picked the new seasons scapegoat.

Top work all round:thumbsup:

I agree.........On yesterdays performance he didn't really look match fit but it's early days. The lad has talent but he's the type of kid who needs support from the fans to get the best out of him. Not getting slaughtered every time he doesn't put in an 8/10 performance

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Expectation on wingers is that they should be tearing up the opposition. If they aren't, then they are considered to be playing poorly.
There is no middle ground.

I think the question should be how many times did he excel last season.
I thought he was good to excellent for the first 5 or 6 games, but agree he didn't stay at that level all season.
Can't think of too many games where I thought he was poor/waste of space.

He is quick and skilful, decision making can be suspect.
IMO, the gap between him and Izquierdo is not that big.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH must rate him more so than posters on here as they have just renewed his contract for 4 years. o go with the extended length contracts of our new signings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here