Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How Many THOUSAND Phone Chargers Will The Club Provide Before Watford?

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Or could just slavishly tow the line. My Club Right Or Wrong. Cos that always worked so well in the recent past :rolleyes:

So the club has put out a perfectly sensible message to turn up early because there is clearly more admin needed to get into the ground.

This is exactly what happened at all the euro2021 games, which were all also smartphone entry. There you got given slots to turn up an ours was 2 hours before.

We rocked up an hour before and no-one gave a monkeys.

Fortunately, enough people had turned up early…probably those who quite like to get there early…to make sure there were no queues.

Tell everyone to please arrive early = spreading arrival time and helping to stop horrible queue and people in here talking about being ‘embarrassing’ and a ‘shambles’

This is just another non bloody issue that you are determined to have a whinge about.

My opinion
Your entitle to yours, and to start this thread.
No need to respond with sorry (= not sorry) we get the sarcasm

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No telly tho, other than public health announcements. So no embarrasingly rousing cheers from the concourse when one of the Big Six scores earlydoors in the early kick-off game. Hurrah! Was always utterly shameful, that :tosser:

Except for when as GCM said, someone scored against Palace. Or the score went our way in a game that affected our part of the table. Or became extremely amusing, a big side losing to a minnow or a cricket scored racked up against a side we didn't like. But, yeah, otherwise very accurate if somewhat confirmational of your rapid shift from decent poster to full on doom monger-come-attention seeker. Until you get to...

Or could just slavishly tow the line. My Club Right Or Wrong. Cos that always worked so well in the recent past :rolleyes:

....this, which is absolutely bang out of order. You'll be disappointed with that. Unless you were just looking for the reaction I gave you, of course.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is EVERYONE obsessed with using their phones at matches? I use mine to keep two people updated on the score, that’s it. Am I missing out, feels like it :smile:

Maybe I should be posting selfies on social media of me having a spiffing time? :lolol:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Don't panic..... they'll be someone standing near the programme sellers huts on the walkway from the station with a solar power battery pack. I have it on good authority they'll be shouting in market style "Phone charging, phone charging get your bargain at £1 a minute" Android only unless you've brought your iphone charging cable. £1.50 a min if you want a vape charged. :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is EVERYONE obsessed with using their phones at matches? I use mine to keep two people updated on the score, that’s it. Am I missing out, feels like it :smile:

Maybe I should be posting selfies on social media of me having a spiffing time? :lolol:

"Sing up, put your phones away......."

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
FWIW - this might change but literally all the club have said is er, “turn up as early as possible” .

They’ve given this message out for years and before COVID because a) the transport can’t cope with everyone arriving at once b) it means they might sell more beer c) cos they’ve had hiccups sometimes with trains, or new security checks, or greater police presence (eg : when Palace turn up) and presumably don’t want anyone to be disappointed and miss kick off.

Actually tbh I think it would be smart for the club to install USB chargers throughout the concourse !!

The community shield was live on the big screens during the Getafe build up - it’s not quite the same - but I’m sure that Sky etc will return to the TV screens at some point.

PS: beer and food is on sale as normal. It’s gone up by about 10p or so as per.
2c1e311ac8e093ae2e6d5b31c1c5aff2.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Will get there five mins before KO as per normal…soz…and don’t most modern cars these days have a USB socket where u can charge your phone up on the journey? My old van doesn’t so I just use a small battery bank :shrug:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Jesus, you are relentlessly negative. Why not chat to your friends and have a pie and a pint? Or pizza and a cuppa if that's more your thing.

Typical sycophantic reply.

So surprised that you didn't add go and support Chelsea, Man City etc.....

The bloke is playing devil's advocate for goodness sake.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
…and don’t most modern cars these days have a USB socket where u can charge your phone up on the journey? My old van doesn’t so I just use a small battery bank :

Doesn't your old van have a cigarette lighter socket? If so you can just use one of these...

cd782a72-23b0-4529-89d0-25d5b6457e9b_1.a7f66f4d8470c5d8eeb385cca18c4c61.jpeg

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
I dont have a smarty phone. I was thinking of bringing my monopoly game the limited edition Newcastle united. If anyone fancies a game? I just need to work out if i can fold it up and put it in my a4 size bag. TBH its slightly larger do you think the stuarts will have a tape measure with them checking all bags on the 3rd hurdle to jump before entering the turnstyles?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont have a smarty phone. I was thinking of bringing my monopoly game the limited edition Newcastle united. If anyone fancies a game? I just need to work out if i can fold it up and put it in my a4 size bag. TBH its slightly larger do you think the stuarts will have a tape measure with them checking all bags on the 3rd hurdle to jump before entering the turnstyles?

I’m starting to think I’ve been “had” by this account.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here