Votes: 19 8.6%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have 8 even though i don't like them ! One each bedroom, in the lounge 2 (wife TV and Son's PS3) + one in workshop and one garage.

S

smileyweb

Four Sony TVs. Three smart TVs - 52" in the lounge, 50" in my office for the Xbox, 40" in our bedroom - and a dumb 19" in the kitchen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm absolutely staggered at this: I have one and have pretty much only had one all my life (except when I won a portable in a raffle about 20 years ago). I thought one or two would be the most popular, with a handful having more than that. I thought most people used PCs or tablets these days - that's what I use when the WC or Euros are on and Mrs Gwylan says I've been watching too much football - but clearly that's not the case in NSC world. This is probably the most surprising poll I've ever seen on NSC

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm absolutely staggered at this: I have one and have pretty much only had one all my life (except when I won a portable in a raffle about 20 years ago). I thought one or two would be the most popular, with a handful having more than that. I thought most people used PCs or tablets these days - that's what I use when the WC or Euros are on and Mrs Gwylan says I've been watching too much football - but clearly that's not the case in NSC world. This is probably the most surprising poll I've ever seen on NSC

Very much this.

We just have the one. Everyone in my family has one in the house too.

I am staggered that some have 5, 6, 7+ in their house?!?!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Somewhat dated question (or it will become) it you add all the devices these days that you can watch TV on as we can above.

I have two and I watch the one in the kitchen more than the one in living room.

TV is something generally I have on "in the background" in the kitchen. Unless it's MOTD, Football League Show or Question Time :)

( and I'm a Celeb Get me Out of here which is my TV highlight of the year )

I more precious about my radios. They only listen to two stations. Radio 4 in the morning and Radio 5 when I get home religiously. That's what they are for. Today programme in the morning and particularly the Radio 5 football chitty chat post games Sunday and Saturday.

If I had to make a choice the radio would win hands down. I get it from my sadly gone Dad and Uncle. Pre breakfast TV my dad would always have the Today programme/Radio 4 on before school. But my Uncle, a radio 5 freak well into his 80s. A radio in every room, always on in the car. It fact he would lap up any sport on television but particularly radio. Golf commentary ? Yes please.

He died a few weeks ago but was still in his home. His classic combo was snooker on the television with the sound down, but listening to ANY football commentary on the radio at the same time.

What was interesting about him was although he was in his 80s he knew exactly what the topic of the moment was Politics, International events, even Big Brother (it would lead him to watch it) becasue he heard something on the radio.

That's what I love about radio. I can do other things - whilst still listening to it. TV much more different.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I bought a TV and I use it as a computer monitor. So I bought another bigger one to use as a TV.

Sound is not much cop on these new fangled flatscreens. Picture is great though.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just the one in our house. I don't think I've ever had more than two and that was when the kids had one in the "play room" for their Disney videos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here