Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Less than 15

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Wisdoms went years ago, root canal, split tooth and gold capped was nicked by the dentologist last year, did I get a refund ....did I heck. Due another visit next week fingers crossed, getting ready for soft food and soup.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Only have 3 of 4 wisdom teeth erupted. The other is under the gum somewhere. Surprisingly my mouth isnt big enough for them and so has caused both upper and lower jaw to push teeth together and crack. Had one from the bottom taken out and have two crowns in the upper. Reckon will need one from the back taken out next.

No nhs near me so private as much as insurance allows

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
28 (no fillings), having had 4 wisdom teeth removed.

The top ones were a piece of cake - I just popped out and had them removed one work lunchtime and was back (dribbling) in the afternoon.

X-rays showed the bottom ones had curved roots, so I was booked into RSCH and opted for it to be done under local anaesthetic. It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life, with the bloke doing it getting a bit flustered, using several drills, blood spattering over his visor, several apologies that it was taking so long and finally getting a very bent root out by bracing his knee against me to get adequate purchase... He declined to attempt the other under local, so I was booked into for it to be down under general anaesthetic a couple of weeks later.

I walked out looking ashen and was very glad my girlfriend had tagged along to supervise my journey home. The Tramadol they gave me was fun though :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
28 (no fillings), having had 4 wisdom teeth removed.

The top ones were a piece of cake - I just popped out and had them removed one work lunchtime and was back (dribbling) in the afternoon.

X-rays showed the bottom ones had curved roots, so I was booked into RSCH and opted for it to be done under local anaesthetic. It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life, with the bloke doing it getting a bit flustered, using several drills, blood spattering over his visor, several apologies that it was taking so long and finally getting a very bent root out by bracing his knee against me to get adequate purchase... He declined to attempt the other under local, so I was booked into for it to be down under general anaesthetic a couple of weeks later.

I walked out looking ashen and was very glad my girlfriend had tagged along to supervise my journey home. The Tramadol they gave me was fun though :lolol:
I worked with a guy who had his wisdoms taken out. He had general and said the most pain was his chest and ribs….which they’d used to get leverage when pulling out his teeth.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The whole lot which includes Wisdom teeth which have caused no bother. Not bad considering my dad was toothless by 58 and I'm now 61

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
NSC has some amazing people.

A dental thread full of posters with immaculate teeth.

Road users who never ever go even 1 micrometer an hour over the speed limit. Ever.

A debt thread full of very comfortably off people.

We are simply the best on here. A real example to the people we see daily in the real world out there.

Lol

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I go private. When I moved here there we no NHS dentists. There may be one, ow but whatever. My dentist never causes me pain like most others in the past. About £80 for a deep clean and polish every 6 months. But I'll be 66 soon and imagine I may be eligible to an old person's tooth pass or whatever it's called.
Free Steradent for the rest of your life!😉😁

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
About 5 years ago I was fine except every time I went to the dentist/hygienist I had a back molar that would flare up after they had poked around so they would give me antibiotics and it would settle down. They told me this wasn't good and I should get it sorted as I didn't want to loose 'the tooth'.

It would be, from memory 2K-3K to drill through my jaw to sort it and wasn't covered by the Insurance I have. Upon further questioning, it turned out this 'tooth' we were trying to 'save' was a root canal filling with a post and a crown on top ! I had it taken out so now have one less tooth than I started with, whatever that number is :shrug:

Had a filling on a front tooth replaced today, 15 mins. She said do you want it numbed and I said 'no what's the worst that can happen?'

I actually frighten myself at how hard I am these days :wink:
You know what they say, ‘no sense no feeling.’
😁

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You can tell so many on here with perfect teeth have never smoked!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
When I was 19 I had my wisdom teeth removed - there were 7 of them compared to the usual 4! My brother in law is a dentist and tells me that is (almost) unheard of apparently.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just off to the dentist, I'll get her to count them for you and report back.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Loads of fillings, probably the sugar sandwiches didn't help or Ovaltine crushed with sugar and eaten with spoon, t'was the era I'm sorry to say

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have no idea how many teeth I have. But I keep six molars from my ex-girlfriend in a snuff box on my bedside cabinet.

Does this count ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All of them. One filling toward the back when I was a kid but have since learned that that particular dentist was struck off a few years later for doing extra unneeded work to boost his paycheck the ****.

I'm 45 now, haven't been to the dentist since I was 18. Don't even have one anymore. But I'm lucky that I still have a perfect bite pattern, everything is still lined up ok the oral hygiene drummed into me as kid is paying off.

If I ever get a toothache then I'm in trouble so should probably register with a dentist and I've been trying to but I can't find one within 20 miles of here that will take NHS patients.

Can't be more painful than gout can it? And I suffer with that on a semi regular basis... ..
I had no fillings until I was press ganged into going at 26 . . Got 8 large fillings I didnt need (should have paid for a second opinion) 3 have now been pulled out and my current dentist agrees. I had t been for nearly 20 years!
If you cand find a good one, Pay for private. Like good boots, Cheap in the long run.

Oral hygeine is key. So simple, makes you wonder why they never told us before . . .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My brother now has no teeth

Different kind of ‘sugar and ovaltine’ silly sod.
My dog has no nose.

You might wonder how it smells……bloody awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here