Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many teams do you genuinely support?

How many teams do you genuinely follow (including nations and other sports)

• Only 1 - I'm pure

Votes: 137 69.5%

Votes: 22 11.2%

Votes: 9 4.6%

Votes: 12 6.1%

Votes: 6 3.0%

Votes: 6 3.0%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 10 or more - super plastic

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some are still unsure of the definition. Put simply does a win for this team. particularly in a big game, make your weekend. Does a loss make you kick the proverbial cat? Do you watch them?

Albion are obviously the one that I watch the most and fulfill the above criteria the best. I always watch England football on tv and have been to Wembley a few times. In the summer I saw an England Ashes test (though only one day out of the originally planned two) and 20/20 and all of Sussex's dismal T20 home games. I'll try and watch the Bears on red button or moody stream if I can though I went a few years NFL free as I got out of the habit when in Asia. A win for any will bring a smile to my face and a loss for any is a small kick in the nuts. However, Brighton losing a big game (Palace in playoffs as an example) will have me miserable for at least a week and the high of winning games like Hereford, Doncaster (twice) or the three championships at Withdean can only really be recreated chemically.

Have I helped or made it worse? :moo:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Nine

Albion
England (Football)
England (Rugby League)
England (Cricket)
Chicago Cubs (MLB)
Denver Broncos (NFL)
FC Lyme Regis
Somerset (Cricket)
Toronto Maple Leafs (Ice Hockey)

theboybilly

Brighton obviously, Man United because they were the first team I was taken to watch in April 1966 (Best, Law and Charlton were just brilliant) and Charlton Athletic as they were once my local team and I still have friends up there (I hope I'll bump into them on Saturday - that would make my day)

That brings back some great memories!

I used to go to school in Hayes which is basically just down the road from the stadium, we went to loads of games growing up. It was a lot different then with no seat, no snazzy sign etc. Infact the only signage more referenced the fact that the ground was shared with Cray Wanderers - The worlds second oldest club (supposedly)

My father inlaw played for Cray Wanderers and my mother inlaw lived round the corner from Bromleys ground! 3-4 to dartford just under 5,000 in the pouring rain and 40 blokes from norway turned up and decked themselves in Bromley favours! Marvelous scenes:clap2:

Attachments

• DSC00675.JPG
    DSC00675.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 137

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In the days before box sets I was ill in bed and thought I'd try to grade the 92 clubs in the order of how much I liked/disliked them. I got as far as number four at both the top (BHA, then a long gap to QPR and then Leeds) and bottom (Manchester United and P*rtsm**th about equal, followed by Selhurst Barcelona) before I decided I really didn't care one way or another.

Teams I would pay to go and cheer are the Albion, obviously, Whitehawk, Lewes, Partick Thistle, St Pauli, the Miami Marlins and the Miami Dolphins.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Oh I thought this was about just football.
Ok.

Football Albion, Crowborough Athletic & England

NFL Miami Dolphins

Rugby England

Cricket Sussex & England

England in any sport really

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The only team I watch week in week out and think about and consume news on day to day is the Albion.

Certainly have soft spots for a few others. Werder Bremen as I have some German heritage and family in Bremen. Have seen them play live a handful of times and love the experience of going to watch them. I couldn't name the current starting XI but I do feel an affinity to them and check the most recent results and league table. Also have a soft spot for Enfield Town having lived 10 mins walk from the ground for 4 years. Would pop down if no Albion game to watch them and get to know people, it's good fun.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some are still unsure of the definition. Put simply does a win for this team. particularly in a big game, make your weekend. Does a loss make you kick the proverbial cat? Do you watch them?

Nothing makes as much difference to my mood as the results of the Albion.

However, I would consider myself a keen supporter of England football (including occasionally attending games), Borussia Monchengladbach (ditto) and Sussex CCC.

When they were non-league, I also had a spell watching Crawley, including a few away games, but I'm a bit MEH about them since they've been in the Football League.

I also follow F1, but don't really support a team, just the individuals, though I guess I always want to see Williams do well.

Does Northstandchat Dogs greyhound syndicate count as a team? If so, you can certainly include them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Albion and Citeh football. Sussex cricket, my love of England cricket has sadly evaporated over the last couple of years due to the behaviour of the ECB.

Only the Albion can brighten or ruin my day though.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Four (if multiple country teams count) - Albion, Finn Harps, Ulster Rugby and Ireland.

I end up going to quite a few St Patricks Athletic games as they're nearby, I know other fans, they do some decent early round Euro performances etc but I don't actually support them even as a plastic. Won't go fighting for a ticket for a sellout and stopping someone more genuine going.

Finn Harps got promoted and will have to play them competitively anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here