Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • A gazillion

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oddly, I didn't think Leeds were the worst side we've seen this season at the Amex. You could tell that they had a few half decent players here and there.

It was mainly their defence that was hilariously bad, and I think they perhaps lacked a bit of heart or desire tonight, as for the first time in ages, we seemed to be winning more of the 50/50 challenges than the opposition.

That 10 was really crap though.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
Looked like were going to easily concede in the first 10 minutes, and I thought "here we go again". But what a fantastic last 80, most comfortable we've looked since Gus's time?! Or am I getting carried away?

Anyway, I voted for 3.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If just the sitters had gone in we'd have won 6-0.

Spot on.

It was me in WSU, just after that effort that came off the post into the Leeds 'keepers arms, that started the (nearly taken up) song

It should have been six
It should have been six
You mossy *******s
It should have been six

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Leeds were the first side to come here this season and look beaten with ten minutes to go, everyone else that has come here has looked like they were still in it, and going for it, whatever the scoreline.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I couldn't believe how generous and inviting their (non) defence was. No shape whatsoever with gaps galore down the flanks. Probably the most comfortable performance we have had this season. Did Stockdale have a genuine save to make all game? Yes we should have scored a few more, but a win is a win as the old cliche goes.

Another two three would have been a fair reflection.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Leeds were quite good. We played exceptionally well. Tex had four good chances and should have converted at least two, so 4-0 for me.

PS: missed the first minute or so because of the trains.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Albion had at least two potentially dodgy moments in the second half caused by Leeds doing well from midfield. On chipped through ball was an inch from the forward connecting and a corner caused what should have been trouble. Not the fault of the Albion defence at all, the opposite. Leeds trying to push forward for the whole match left them vulnerable to breakaways. Very much like Leicester last season, they played like for like and matched us in midfield. It cost them competing in midfield at the cost of their attack and defence. Luke Murphy had more possession than any other player on the field and Ince had a difficult game not because he played any worse than normal (better if anything) but because the opposition was better.

Unlike Birmingham who were just plain crappy.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
They weren't that bad.

We were good. Very good. Especially at driving forward. Fast attacking football,built on solid possession and a decent defence.

Kayal is the difference for me. He controlled the midfield, and always looks to go forward.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm not greedy, so have gone for 5. I just can't see how it should have been any fewer.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I accidentally voted for three, but that's because I wasn't paying attention and was selecting how many more we should have scored. I meant to vote for five, and it wouldn't have flattered us

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hughton should really get the credit for this - he'd obviously studied Leeds and realised that their defence plays a very high line so got CMS,Baldock and Tex to run at them.
And it paid off - in spades
Honestly think 6-0 would not have flattered us last night
At last - a manager with a Plan B !!!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Four.
Actually thought Leeds had some decent players, Cook,Murphy (first half) and the left back Taylor?
Have to give huge credit to Hughton for playing CMS as we obviously looked to get in behind their very flat back four.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hughton should really get the credit for this - he'd obviously studied Leeds and realised that their defence plays a very high line so got CMS,Baldock and Tex to run at them.
And it paid off - in spades
Honestly think 6-0 would not have flattered us last night
At last - a manager with a Plan B !!!

Agree with this. Hughton could well have been a contender for MotM last night. And......8...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here