Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many saw Jack Hinshelwood's first Albion goal?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Exiting the uni car park seemed particularly bad last night.

I'm not entirely sure why - technically it's full and "sold out" every game.
I waited about half hour for a bus from Falmer to Lewes - about 10 min walk to get to queue - left game a couple of minutes after final whistle.
So in line with trains on “normal” matchday. No rain thankfully so queuing was fine.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
As I said on the match thread, it was disappointing so many could t be arsed. That said, like the Boxing Day Brentford match or the Man City home win (where there were tickets available to anyone), the loyal home fans got a good night. It’s disappointing from some - support the lads.
I get what you mean, and agree to an extent. Though easier for some than others.

I missed it, chose to. Absolutely f@cked from a beery session in manchester, straight to Athens, local trip to Chelsea and work throughout meant I'm absolutely hammered. Son had a music lesson that meant we couldnt make it unless I went on my own.

Missing further working time and getting back after midnight following a traffic nightmare journey to see a game on my own meant i swerved it. Midweek games from London are not great. Second game I've missed all season, home and away. First was Luton when I was on holiday.

Did feel bad and attendance was poor but there comes a time when you have to look after yourself, especially as an old twat.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Exiting the uni car park seemed particularly bad last night.

I'm not entirely sure why - technically it's full and "sold out" every game.
In my opinion it was due to many more people walking towards The Keep/Coldean for lifts/public transport. There was a notable increase in foot traffic, which meant cars were restricted getting through the bridge, having to wait and fit in with the fans walking through. It's slow merging the cars/pedestrians on a 'normal' match day, so add in no trains and I think you get last nights exit times. Lots of cars lined up along Coldean Lane waiting to pick people up, which isn't usually the case.

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
Why does the weather keep getting thrown in? 😄

It was a perfectly reasonable crisp cold frosty December's evening. Perfect football weather. Do people really consider the weather when deciding about attending?
Pretty naive to think it isn’t a factor. For the elderly, people of all ages with circulation issues like Raynaud’s etc. sitting outside for two hours in 7 degree temperatures isn’t a particularly pleasant experience no matter how wrapped up you are.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, as I haven't read the whole thread. But I wonder what the attendance would be for this kind of game if the club decided to hand out 15 loyalty points for attending. No reason why they couldn't do that if they wanted to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, as I haven't read the whole thread. But I wonder what the attendance would be for this kind of game if the club decided to hand out 15 loyalty points for attending. No reason why they couldn't do that if they wanted to.
Loads of fans, myself included, don't care at all about points. Only people who like away games would be bothered and that's probably a minority.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If people couldn't get there (plenty of aforementioned reasons) or simply decided not to go, it's not disappointing unless you wrap up some sort of self-worth in other people's actions regarding midweek entertainment choices in December.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As an added factor that would affect midweek winter attendances in general. Many older folk suffer in the cold.
You have a point ……but last night wasn’t that bad … cold temperature but no wind of significance….combination of weather and transport issues then I’d agree…..add in it was live on Amazon …two other home games within a short period

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I said on the match thread, it was disappointing so many could t be arsed. That said, like the Boxing Day Brentford match or the Man City home win (where there were tickets available to anyone), the loyal home fans got a good night. It’s disappointing from some - support the lads.
It wasn't that I couldn't be arsed. I set out from Faversham, but it took me nearly 15 minutes just to get onto the A251. With the temperature dropping and reports of road closures, it would have been . . . .

No, you're right. Couldn't be arsed :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In my opinion it was due to many more people walking towards The Keep/Coldean for lifts/public transport. There was a notable increase in foot traffic, which meant cars were restricted getting through the bridge, having to wait and fit in with the fans walking through. It's slow merging the cars/pedestrians on a 'normal' match day, so add in no trains and I think you get last nights exit times. Lots of cars lined up along Coldean Lane waiting to pick people up, which isn't usually the case.

Whilst you're correct you're talking about the Bridge car park and they were talking about the Uni car park on the other side of the A27. Similar reasons though, loads of pedestrians around the Falmer turn off of the A27 getting picked up which made for slower traffic plus just more people than usual using the car parks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If people couldn't get there (plenty of aforementioned reasons) or simply decided not to go, it's not disappointing unless you wrap up some sort of self-worth in other people's actions regarding midweek entertainment choices in December.
Now I admit I was pissed and prob not wording things right but this is football and we are football fans - that’s incredibly soft to say ‘entertainment choices’ etc - we are a fanbase and it’s different to whether you decide to go to the theatre or cinema in the week come on - you know nobody likes seeing waves of empty seats… I don’t even know if what I wrote makes sense but yeh…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have a point ……but last night wasn’t that bad … cold temperature but no wind of significance….combination of weather and transport issues then I’d agree…..add in it was live on Amazon …two other home games within a short period

I was with my son and his g/f, they never feel the cold, she's Ukrainian. Yet they got so cold. 6c, sky high humidity, breezy .... it's the UK maritime cold that gets through to your bones.

Then imagine how uncomfortable that is for middle aged/older folk who don't have high blood pressure :lolol:

el punal

I'd say Littlehampton in the West and Horsham in the North.

Plus all those of curse who travel from MUCH further afield.
There are a fair few number of Albion fans who live even further west. A good indicator is the number who board the Brighton train from Southampton on match days (when they run, of course!). Always some get on at Southampton who have travelled from Bournemouth and the New Forest. More at Fareham, Cosham and Havant and increasing hugely from Chichester onwards.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...this is football and we are football fans - that’s incredibly soft to say ‘entertainment choices’ etc - we are a fanbase and it’s different to whether you decide to go to the theatre or cinema in the week come on - you know nobody likes seeing waves of empty seats… I don’t even know if what I wrote makes sense but yeh…
Football's always been part of the entertainment industry. Even more so now with more choices for leisure time.

The advent of both legal and illegal streaming has only increased the options available.

NSC has the same old threads on non-attendance and people leaving early.

Why do you care so much about what others do?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Football's always been part of the entertainment industry. Even more so now with more choices for leisure time.

The advent of both legal and illegal streaming has only increased the options available.

NSC has the same old threads on non-attendance and people leaving early.

Why do you care so much about what others do?
Normally not so arsed but got the impression many just didn’t bother looking at other options last night and it made for a poor atmosphere and looked crap. I care about the image of the club and our fans - it’s all part of being a passionate fan for me. It also affects the team and potentially results - so I care.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was with my son and his g/f, they never feel the cold, she's Ukrainian. Yet they got so cold. 6c, sky high humidity, breezy .... it's the UK maritime cold that gets through to your bones.

Then imagine how uncomfortable that is for middle aged/older folk who don't have high blood pressure :lolol:
I bought my first bovril of the season ….so maybe it was a tad chilly 🤔

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It wasn't that I couldn't be arsed. I set out from Faversham, but it took me nearly 15 minutes just to get onto the A251. With the temperature dropping and reports of road closures, it would have been . . . .

No, you're right. Couldn't be arsed :lolol:
I walked 35 minutes from Preston Park to the Vogue Gyratory, fully intending to go to the game. Got to VG two hours before kick-off. In the space of half an hour about 8 or 9 Sorry Bus Fulls sailed past, didn't even stop. f*** that for a game of soldiers. Walked 35 minutes back home again, via the offie, and watched the game on Amazon Prime. OK, I may have missed Jack Hinshelwood's first ever Brighton goal, but I can console myself with the knowledge that I saw his dad's wondrous long-range own goal at Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here