Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points do you think we need to secure safety?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's very hard to predict anything, last year Birmingham stayed up with just 44 points (albeit thanks to goal difference) yet in 2012/13 Peterborough went down with 54 points. To put that in to perspective, Peterborough won 15 games that season and got relegated, we've won 9 so far :)

Given the current bottom three and their points tally, you'd think that mid 40's would likely be enough, but it would be a brave punter to stick their house on it :)

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Blackpool need 6 wins assuming we get nothing just to catch us now and they still need to play both Derby and Bournmouth so I think they are gone already.

Millwall probably have the easiest run in of all the teams but it still includes Derby and Wolves as the last 2 games I think if we avoid defeat at their place they will not catch us.

Wigan - I think they are screwed every game they have is against a playoff or relegation contender so even if they win they will be taking points of other teams around us.

The more I look at the permutations the more relaxed I feel and I honestly think 45 points will be more than enough, I feel Wigan could pick up next to no points for the rest of the season and my safety net is Fulham they also have a horrible run in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's very hard to predict anything, last year Birmingham stayed up with just 44 points (albeit thanks to goal difference) yet in 2012/13 Peterborough went down with 54 points. To put that in to perspective, Peterborough won 15 games that season and got relegated, we've won 9 so far :)

Given the current bottom three and their points tally, you'd think that mid 40's would likely be enough, but it would be a brave punter to stick their house on it :)
I think that this is going to be a very unusual year. Current average points per game has 22nd finishing on only 40 points, and 6th getting 79!

Obviously things won't quite pan out that way, but it shows how much of a difference there has been between top and bottom sides this season compared to how competitive the Championship usually is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Mind u, Fulham had better hope they are clear beflre the last 2 games as they have Middlesborough and Norwich
Midds away in the last game would be an interesting spectacle if both teams needed a draw to ensure survival and promotion respectively.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here