Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many Palace fans posing as Brighton fans post on NSC?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Who cares.
What is it with this obsession with Palace? Every bleeding minute of every day someone is on here with something else about them. I wish I could rewrite history and delete this pathetic, artificial rivalry that has no historical base to it.
The A23 derby. What a load of tosh. Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous in all your life. We back onto the sea, they are in South London, surrounded by chimney pots, with Millwall and Charlton on their doorstep. How the hell did we allow history to be hijacked by their morons who had no agenda other than getting away from Millwall and finding an easier target and our morons who were desperate for a fight.

Imbecile

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Couldn't agree more. Followed the Albion for many years before this pathetic, artificial rivalry (good description that) was set up by the gutter press, and have never taken it seriously. They're just another club.

And your just a single person, nothing of interest to many and soon to be forgotten as your dull comments will support

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Gilliver giving a V sign, Duffy beating 2 players and cracking one in from outside the area off the cross bar, Kit Napier scoring from corners and tapping in against Stephenson of Chesterfield who placed the ball down when everyone stopped thinking the ref had blown, Hans Kray jumping up and down in front of opposing keepers from corners, Gary Nelson's impersonation of Albert Steptoe, Darren Freeman being mugged by Exeter defence at St James Park, Affro haired Zamora's, hat trick at Chester [when on loan], George Ley grabbing Chopper Harris' nut in an FA cup match, Chris Ramsey being hacked by Norman Whiteside, Carpenters curlers, Sully's shuffles, Willy Irvine's goal of the season against Villa, beating Blackburn at home thinking we had got promoted due to cheers in the crowd, only to find out Spurs and Saints had drawn nil nil which they had to do for both of them to get promoted when there was goal average rather than goal difference, Case's free kick at Highbury against Wednesday, Gerry being crocked by horror tackle by Palace full back, Gregory's blinder at Palace before being sold to QPR, Berty Lutton, Stewart Henderson, fans singing 'Elton John's a homosexual' back in 1985 which was simply stating a fact, two all draw in 5th round in snow at Peterbrough. Justin Fashanu looking slightly crocked, elation at plymouth 2001. Sherries, Busbies, Top Rank, Revolution. yes I love the Eagles sorry I mean the Eagle. The pub I used to drink at.

Only interesting post on the thread. Congratulation

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Reading getting promoted against us at Elm Park 1994. Caso still playing. 7 dials, Hove Park, Hollingbury and Waterhall and Dyke golf club, Hove lagoon, Lancing Clump, Chanctonbury and Cissbury ring, lido, Hungry Years, gut buster at the all night cafe, Richard Tiltman, Willy Bell, Eddie Spearit, losing 2-0 at Brentford when Horton was manager first game of 98/99 season, telling mate to shut the fu standing on Shed New Years Day 1984 when Kerry Dixon missed a penalty [we still lost], winning 2-0 at Bolton 1980, He scored ….it must be P Ward', Mullers condemning Bolton fans for dissing their manager, Richard Codner. The Zap club. The Mile Oak Pub, Bramber Castle, lancing College, Mill Hill, the Lady Jane on Shoreham Beach with and without Leo Sayer, Horatios on Palace Pier, Whippet Inn, Windsor Castle, Basket Makers.
Eddie Spearitt doing a 'lets have a drink after the game' sign to Sully, Shirley Temples cracker against Rochdale which although we only drew one all, got us promoted with Villa. Horton shouting at fans to get off the pitch near the end of our 3-2 win at home to Wednesday in 1977 giving us promotion. Gary Chivers celebrating on the west stand just in his underpants after the Rovers promotion game 1988. Ian Mellor's header at Gillingham 1977, people saying our 1st division debut at home to the Arse would be a draw, a draw or a draw. Do I need to tell you the score? A healthy sable headed youth Brian McDermott leaving Lawro for dead at Highbury on a grim winter's night 1980, police dogs going into the Millwall section on the west stand in the game we won 3-2 after being 2-0 down at half time.

Last edited:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Reading getting promoted against us at Elm Park 1994. Caso still playing. 7 dials, Hove Park, Hollingbury and Waterhall and Dyke golf club, Hove lagoon, Lancing Clump, Chanctonbury and Cissbury ring, lido, Hungry Years, gut buster at the all night cafe, Richard Tiltman, Willy Bell, Eddie Spearit, losing 2-0 at Brentford when Horton was manager first game of 98/99 season, telling mate to shut the fu standing on Shed New Years Day 1984 when Kerry Dixon missed a penalty [we still lost], winning 2-0 at Bolton 1980, He scored ….it must be P Ward', Mullers condemning Bolton fans for dissing their manager, Richard Codner. The Zap club. The Mile Oak Pub, Bramber Castle, lancing College, Mill Hill, the Lady Jane on Shoreham Beach with and without Leo Sayer, Horatios on Palace Pier, Whippet Inn, Windsor Castle, Basket Makers.
Big news about getting Barry Bridges from Millwall, only to find out he was a tad past it, getting Bert Murray from our buy a player fund of 10k devised by Pat Seyward, Bobby Charlton playing for Preston, beating the eventually promoted Fulham in season 1970/1. Went 2-0 up to be brought back to 2-2 at half time. Won 3-2. Pedestrian Martin Chivers turning out for a few games. Beal and Kinnear in defence. Winstanley, Sammy Morgan, Brian Bromley's sideboards, Neil McNabb's sideways runs, Micky Thomas 'does your Mrs know you're here', Jimmy Melia disco dancing shoes, Jimmy Melia standing with the crowd as a way of protest [allegedly], the roof on the North Bank being removed in 1980, Gary Williams beating Peter Shilton from 30 yards and the 'and you don't beat Shilton from 30 yards' commentator balls, a 3 nil cup drubbing by 3rd division Oxford 1982, Alan Biley being injured for the 6th round FA cup 1986 home to Saints, we lost 2-0. Remember 'are you Fergie in disguise', poor old Fergusson probably tried his best. I recall a 2-0 over Scunthorpe at Priestfield when we finished 2nd to bottom. Doncaster were bottom. Game at Hereford keeping us in the league, a 4-1 win at home to Aldershot in 1975 the day before I passed my driving test on New Years eve. A match report talking about midfielder Rogers 'he's 37' reminding me of Eric Idle in the Monty Python Holy Grail, losing 2-1 at piss poor Halifax, winning at Huddersfield, coming back from 2 down to get a draw at Notts County when Peter Taylor 2 was in charge, beating Hillingdon 7-0 in the cup in 1970. Think Howard Wilkinson might have scored for us. Kevin Brock refusing to join us because he thought the Goldstone was a dump even though we had managed to get the likes of Michael Robison, G Smith, Sayer [Cardiff's top player], Maybank, Joe Corrigan, Sammy Nelson, Gatting etcAndy Richie out to Leeds, swap with Terry Connor.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And your just a single person, nothing of interest to many and soon to be forgotten as your dull comments will support
At least I'm not the sort of knob who sees a post they disagree with and just replies 'imbecile' without the wit to make any sort of cogent reply.
Yes, I am just one person, but quite why you're idiotic enough to assume I'm dull and soon to be forgotten, I've no idea; just an insulting comment based on ignorance, I think. You probably think you're far more interesting and memorable. Well, bully for you!
As to my views on the plastic rivalry, if you had a shred of wit you would have seen I'm not alone in view; the very poster you called an imbecile thinks broadly the same as I do - as do others. A minority view it may be, but there is a minority of Albion supporters (mainly, I suspect, older ones who remember being around when Palace were just another club) who have never really bought into the S*n's sensationalism of a handbags incident between two managers wiuh short fuses.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Gilliver giving a V sign, Duffy beating 2 players and cracking one in from outside the area off the cross bar, Kit Napier scoring from corners and tapping in against Stephenson of Chesterfield who placed the ball down when everyone stopped thinking the ref had blown, Hans Kray jumping up and down in front of opposing keepers from corners, Gary Nelson's impersonation of Albert Steptoe, Darren Freeman being mugged by Exeter defence at St James Park, Affro haired Zamora's, hat trick at Chester [when on loan], George Ley grabbing Chopper Harris' nut in an FA cup match, Chris Ramsey being hacked by Norman Whiteside, Carpenters curlers, Sully's shuffles, Willy Irvine's goal of the season against Villa, beating Blackburn at home thinking we had got promoted due to cheers in the crowd, only to find out Spurs and Saints had drawn nil nil which they had to do for both of them to get promoted when there was goal average rather than goal difference, Case's free kick at Highbury against Wednesday, Gerry being crocked by horror tackle by Palace full back, Gregory's blinder at Palace before being sold to QPR, Berty Lutton, Stewart Henderson, fans singing 'Elton John's a homosexual' back in 1985 which was simply stating a fact, two all draw in 5th round in snow at Peterbrough. Justin Fashanu looking slightly crocked, elation at plymouth 2001. Sherries, Busbies, Top Rank, Revolution. yes I love the Eagles sorry I mean the Eagle. The pub I used to drink at.

It was Blackpool not Blackburn that we beat on the last day of season when Southampton and Spurs played out a nil nil with no shots on goal

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Who cares.

you don't clearly

I've known alot of Brighton fans over the years that think it really does matter

even crossed swords with a few palace fans in private life and they seemed to think it mattered too

so who are our local rivals???

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
So it was the Autumn of 1969. As an avid Palace fan I had a premonition that in 7 years a rivalry would develop between my team and BHA. I also predicted that in 25 years there would be a thing called the internet and there would be football club forums. With my powers I thought of finding a cure for cancer or making billions in the financial market but no I thought I would devote my time to leaning about BHA so I could wind their fans up in 45 years time. At the time Palace were in the 1st division and BHA in the 3rd.
I noted BHA had drawn top club Wolves at home in the League Cup. I did some research and found out that the BHA fans had to buy their ticket to the game at the preceding home game to Barrow which consequently had a higher crowd than would normally be expected. I made a mental note that Derek Dougan was absent through injury and Hugh Curren was their main threat. In the Winter I noted that prior to the home game with Torquay there was an announcement at a railway station to the west of Hove that the game had been called off. There was a bit of snow about. However it transpires the announcement was incorrect and the game had gone ahead.
I recall in the mid 80s an exiting invitation for BHA fans to go to a meeting at the Dome. It was a let down. Just an announcement about a proposed lottery. Des Lynham was there telling the fans of the trauma of being a BHA fan over the years. Mullers was in his 2nd incarnation. I recall a fan clapping a comment and him saying 'there's no need to clap, we'll throw you a fish later'.
Talking of fish I recall Darren Freeman was a sub for the opening game at Southend 2000/1 season. He was warming up on the pitch at half time showing some restraints given the presence of some female cheerleaders. Notably, he no longer had a mullet.
I recall Barry Lloyd after a defeat in the late 80s telling a sports reporter on the radio he had not given up and had just seen 2 magpies.
Armed with this information I had collected over the decades I thought I would have hours of fruitful fun fooling BHA fans I of one of their own. I did not reckon on the highly intelligent, astute, discerning pesky kids rumbling me.
Of course it's not just me. There is an army of several thousand of us I have been nurturing over the decades to fulfil my lifetimes quest of infiltrating the BHA forum. Now alas! My life's work has been ruined, RUINED!!I should have known better Moriarty!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It was Blackpool not Blackburn that we beat on the last day of season when Southampton and Spurs played out a nil nil with no shots on goal
Just checked. GRRR you're right. Shows I'm relying on memory rather than research.

Last edited:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
This is the internet. Trying to justify yourself here is the ultimate exercise in futility. You will convince nobody. You know, either way. That should be enough.
I think I'll convince those right thinking peeps with a brain whatever percentage that is.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Hmmm. One of the two people who have denied is an self-reported Palace fan - his denial was about flip flopping (i.e. never pretending to be an Albion fan), not about whether he's really a Palace fan. The other person who's denied it is you - where we have quite a few recognised Albion fans saying that although you pretend you're an Albion fan, you're not. The two "denials" are totally different.

Think about it, if a poster is pretending to be an Albion fan, but they're really Palace, they're hardly going to say that that's what they are, are they? I mean, if they're sad enough to make, say, 1493 posts as an Albion fan, they're unlikely to suddenly admit that they've been living a lie; because that would make them look, well, childish, wouldn't it?
OK if I'm a Palace fan I challenge you to give me as many facts about Palace as I've given you about Brighton. Don't worry, you could make most of it up, I would not know.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Being a Palace fan yourself, that has posed as a Brighton fan, surely you would know why you do it?

OK I've given you some facts. Give me some facts about a team you don't support to show A. That you are not completely wrong or B. You are as clever as me at getting lots of obscure facts together in a short period.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Hmmm. One of the two people who have denied is an self-reported Palace fan - his denial was about flip flopping (i.e. never pretending to be an Albion fan), not about whether he's really a Palace fan. The other person who's denied it is you - where we have quite a few recognised Albion fans saying that although you pretend you're an Albion fan, you're not. The two "denials" are totally different.

Think about it, if a poster is pretending to be an Albion fan, but they're really Palace, they're hardly going to say that that's what they are, are they? I mean, if they're sad enough to make, say, 1493 posts as an Albion fan, they're unlikely to suddenly admit that they've been living a lie; because that would make them look, well, childish, wouldn't it?
hello

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
jimbob5---You are sounding desperate now ----put a sock in it.
For what it's worth I think you are obviously an:albion2: fan.
Albeit an annoying one:)
I can remember a fair amount of your Albion life history - however I never took a pen & paper to write it all down like you appear to have done:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here