Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many of today’s team are going to publicly apologise for that?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I spent money on tickets and parking and gave up my Saturday afternoon. To watch just about the worst Albion performance in many a year (and I include last year’s Bournemouth capitulation in that).

For the first time in a long time, I came away today angry. I didn’t think this team had any overpaid prima donnas but I was obviously wrong.

So if any of you players read NSC, come on, apologise......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do hope the answer is zero. Yes, they played poorly, yes they lost. Did anyone guarantee anything different to you? No.

Asking for an apology for FFS :facepalm:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I spent money on tickets and parking and gave up my Saturday afternoon. To watch just about the worst Albion performance in many a year (and I include last year’s Bournemouth capitulation in that).

For the first time in a long time, I came away today angry. I didn’t think this team had any overpaid prima donnas but I was obviously wrong.

So if any of you players read NSC, come on, apologise......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Players don't normally apologise, its the manager that does that for the prescious blights.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
The last two games I have attended have been Sheff W and Sheff Utd - both dire performances. A warning to all, I will be at the Villa game!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The last two games I have attended have been Sheff W and Sheff Utd - both dire performances. A warning to all, I will be at the Villa game!

It would be excellent if Grealish has a niggle for that game and can’t play. He seems to score against us at will.

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016
If the players come out and see whole tiers not open it probably impacts their motivation. If the fans can't be arsed then how are the players going to get up for it. I didn't think it was that bad a performance. On another day it would have been 1-0 Brighton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the players come out and see whole tiers not open it probably impacts their motivation. If the fans can't be arsed then how are the players going to get up for it. I didn't think it was that bad a performance. On another day it would have been 1-0 Brighton

Worst of the season imo :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Hmm. Whereas my take is that I watched a game between two piss poor sides (on the day) and the less piss poor team deservedly won.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For me, I’m not that surprised by the result or the performance. The first team players who featured were probably, understandingly, fatigued and in Dale (does he like a drink of over Xmas? hmmmmmm maybe...) not wanting to risk injury or indeed suspension. One eye will be firmly on Everton, who will be a very different side to the sorry disjointed team we saw at the Amex... very different.

We had a tough group of fixtures over the festive period and I think the motivation for this one just slid into the adrenaline lacking category. Yep if I was on 50k + a week i’d like to think i’d bleed for the club, but if I really examine the hard truth ... would I have ran as hard starting in that team?

Button, Bong, Balogun et al. Are championship level back up at best and unsurprisingly it showed. Stephens looks shattered and akin to last season unable to maintain high standards at this level beyond Christmas. If he’s rested for a while who knows, but he’s struggling in the legs too much these days to be considered a genuine season long regular.

The youth of Biss, Alzate et al are ever going to betray the inconsistency borne of their lack of experience.

The whippet and Ali J, well, the latter I think is a clear slow burner, the former peter smith reborn... in a strong XI he can be carried in a weaker one... not so.

GP ? Perchance he didn’t fancy a repeat of last seasons folly of a cup run, something I fancy utterly removed the wheels from the CH bus.

Sure it was poor, but I remain unsurprised, especially given the team we put out.

As for those who paid to see it... grim, but we have seen worse, far worse. Lincoln away in recent memory... and the list goes ever on.

Move on.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Canvey Island away should get us 1 million loyalty points. That might go some way towards apologising. Though I am surprised you didn't get compensation for Kingstonian and Sudbury - bought a Curly Wurly with mine after Denny Mundee dropped it round on a velvet cushion.

1 million loyalty point and one of these ...

150px-George_Cross.jpg

:catfight:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Wow.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
For me, I’m not that surprised by the result or the performance. The first team players who featured were probably, understandingly, fatigued and in Dale (does he like a drink of over Xmas? hmmmmmm maybe...) not wanting to risk injury or indeed suspension. One eye will be firmly on Everton, who will be a very different side to the sorry disjointed team we saw at the Amex... very different.

We had a tough group of fixtures over the festive period and I think the motivation for this one just slid into the adrenaline lacking category. Yep if I was on 50k + a week i’d like to think i’d bleed for the club, but if I really examine the hard truth ... would I have ran as hard starting in that team?

Button, Bong, Balogun et al. Are championship level back up at best and unsurprisingly it showed. Stephens looks shattered and akin to last season unable to maintain high standards at this level beyond Christmas. If he’s rested for a while who knows, but he’s struggling in the legs too much these days to be considered a genuine season long regular.

The youth of Biss, Alzate et al are ever going to betray the inconsistency borne of their lack of experience.

The whippet and Ali J, well, the latter I think is a clear slow burner, the former peter smith reborn... in a strong XI he can be carried in a weaker one... not so.

GP ? Perchance he didn’t fancy a repeat of last seasons folly of a cup run, something I fancy utterly removed the wheels from the CH bus.

Sure it was poor, but I remain unsurprised, especially given the team we put out.

As for those who paid to see it... grim, but we have seen worse, far worse. Lincoln away in recent memory... and the list goes ever on.

Move on.

This all makes reasonable sense. The BBC referred to us today as Premier League strugglers and that is what we actually are and GP is no miracle worker. Hopefully we will get something from Everton and then comes the Villa. Now we must be up for Villa which will probably be our most important game of the season to date.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Exactly. At a similar time in our history, on our only trip abroad, we were lucky to get away with a draw at Canvey Island....

How about the 0-4 at home replay on a Wednesday afternoon against Walton & Hersham , I bunked off school to watch Brian Clough Team get hammered by a southern league team

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hmm. Whereas my take is that I watched a game between two piss poor sides (on the day) and the less piss poor team deservedly won.

Perfect summary.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing

Move on.

By the end of the game, by my count, we had seven of our first team (semi) regulars on the pitch.

There was a 20k crowd watching that rubbish and I don't buy the very flimsy argument that they were all tired. SW had had a similarly heavy programme over Christmas.

If GP can't motivate the first team to care enough to put in a shift for 20k supporters then I worry about his and their attitudes.

We used to play 46 games in the Championship and still managed to do pretty well in the Cup!

We put out a team full of kids in the Carabao and were totally overrun.

Personally, I won't be going to any more cup games unless I'm assured that the club/team actually care about them......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here