Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many NATIONAL leagues would we win in Europe?

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
And which one is the best one we could win? We could win the SPL, Ireland, N. Ireland, Andorra and other countries like that we would walk, what's the best league we could win?

TottonSFC

Oct 19, 2011
Think you would win the SPL but not in a one off season as Celtic and Rangers are probably low-prem teams

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Don't think its a foregone conclusion that we would win the SPL in my opinion, although we'd be one of the better teams.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
To answer the question - possibly a Scandinavian league?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Celtic is a championship side, Rangers on par with Blackburn, extreme strugglers in the Prem at best

Not sure I agree, but even with that assessment, and given our current form, how does that suggest we would win a league with them in?

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
You're an average Championship side, and I'd bet you're not quite as good as Celtic but it's hard to tell, so my point still stands that you probably wouldn't win it in a one off season

Wasn't aware that the MLS is in Europe

Would be tight for top 3 spot must admit, but we'd edge it.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Welsh!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Moldova

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
No guarantee that we would win a Sussex championship although we are the Senior Cup holders of course as well as League 1 Champions. We would probably face reasonable competition for the first time from that lot up the A23.

Would Soton win a Hampshire championship - don't their local rivals have more recent silverware and bragging rights over the last few league seasons?

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Estonian Mestriliga, San Marino Serie A, Luxembourgish div 1,
Albania Div 1, Faroes 1, Verkisliga Finland, Maltese Premier League, Australian A League, Kazakh A League, Armenia 1, FAI Premier, Carling Premiership Ireland, Kosovan 1st Liga (unofficial), Montenegrin 1st League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here