Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many loyal Royals at the Riverside?

theboybilly

Boro website says 148 Had a chat with three of them before the game, and they were really nice people. I honestly can't believe the shoite that comes from you lot. 600 at Forest last night was nothing short of pathetic. Sky or no Sky Boro that's Boro not Borough like most of you spell it would have had 6k there not 600 given the tickets.[/QUOTE

Why is it Boro are so well followed away from home but the Riverside always looks empty?

Boro website says 148 Had a chat with three of them before the game, and they were really nice people. I honestly can't believe the shoite that comes from you lot. 600 at Forest last night was nothing short of pathetic. Sky or no Sky Boro that's Boro not Borough like most of you spell it would have had 6k there not 600 given the tickets.

What in the name of God are you waffling on about?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't know if the fixture computer is f**ked up!!
But it always seems this season, the furthest away games have taken place on a Tuesday night, rather than the weekend! No wonder away games are poorly attended!

It was a rearranged game because of a postponement.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Boro website says 148 Had a chat with three of them before the game, and they were really nice people. I honestly can't believe the shoite that comes from you lot. 600 at Forest last night was nothing short of pathetic. Sky or no Sky Boro that's Boro not Borough like most of you spell it would have had 6k there not 600 given the tickets.

Cool story brough

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Boro not Borough like most of you spell it would have had 6k there not 600 given the tickets.

Of course you would.

That's why there are- what- 3,000 empty seats in that photo, featuring one corner of the ground? I've already said fair play to the Reading fans who did make the effort- frankly, that 148 or whatever it was is a lot more credible than the 299 who bothered to turn up at the Amex recently.

As for yesterday, I agree it was lower than we might otherwise have expected. But plenty of people were royally stiffed by SkySports for it. Speaking personally, I'd already forked out over forty quid for a train ticket to Nottingham for the original Saturday game, which I lost every penny of when it was changed. I know others who had train tickets and/or hotels booked, many of whom couldn't get refunds. I made a late decision to go to the Monday fixture, and had to take a day and a half off work for it. Not everybody can do that (I thought long and hard about it but decided it could be worth it if we won. Which we did). it's probably cost me well over a hundred quid for that one game.

From previous games in Nottingham, be they Forest or County, I'd have been confident of shifting at least 3000, tickets permitting, if it had been on the Saturday. But Monday made it very difficult, and very expensive, in what's already a bloody steep month, money-wise. I've paid in the last couple of weeks for tickets to Birmingham, Forest, Charlton and Boro, as well as travel to all of those, and accommodation for two nights in Yorkshire when we come to you. Then we have three home games, all of which will require trips to the pub before and after. Perhaps some people have to pick and choose? We don't all live in mansions down here, any more than you lot all live in rows of boarded up red brick terraces.

Boro might well be relatively well supported away, but the Riverside has for years now been renowned for the vast expanses of empty pink seats on display at every home game. We know it, you know it, everyone else knows it. It is what it is. So spare me the "My mum's bigger than yours" rubbish, and get yourself quietly back to FMTTM or wherever it is you hang out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Of course you would.

That's why there are- what- 3,000 empty seats in that photo, featuring one corner of the ground? I've already said fair play to the Reading fans who did make the effort- frankly, that 148 or whatever it was is a lot more credible than the 299 who bothered to turn up at the Amex recently.

As for yesterday, I agree it was lower than we might otherwise have expected. But plenty of people were royally stiffed by SkySports for it. Speaking personally, I'd already forked out over forty quid for a train ticket to Nottingham for the original Saturday game, which I lost every penny of when it was changed. I know others who had train tickets and/or hotels booked, many of whom couldn't get refunds. I made a late decision to go to the Monday fixture, and had to take a day and a half off work for it. Not everybody can do that (I thought long and hard about it but decided it could be worth it if we won. Which we did). it's probably cost me well over a hundred quid for that one game.

From previous games in Nottingham, be they Forest or County, I'd have been confident of shifting at least 3000, tickets permitting, if it had been on the Saturday. But Monday made it very difficult, and very expensive, in what's already a bloody steep month, money-wise. I've paid in the last couple of weeks for tickets to Birmingham, Forest, Charlton and Boro, as well as travel to all of those, and accommodation for two nights in Yorkshire when we come to you. Then we have three home games, all of which will require trips to the pub before and after. Perhaps some people have to pick and choose? We don't all live in mansions down here, any more than you lot all live in rows of boarded up red brick terraces.

Boro might well be relatively well supported away, but the Riverside has for years now been renowned for the vast expanses of empty pink seats on display at every home game. We know it, you know it, everyone else knows it. It is what it is. So spare me the "My mum's bigger than yours" rubbish, and get yourself quietly back to FMTTM or wherever it is you hang out.

:thumbsup:

I'm quoting it because I think it's worth reading twice.

Quality rant :lolol:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

attendance.jpg

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Boro website says 148 Had a chat with three of them before the game, and they were really nice people. I honestly can't believe the shoite that comes from you lot. 600 at Forest last night was nothing short of pathetic. Sky or no Sky Boro that's Boro not Borough like most of you spell it would have had 6k there not 600 given the tickets.[/QUOTE

Why is it Boro are so well followed away from home but the Riverside always looks empty?

Riverside always looks empty - Because it holds 34K seats.

We have the 3rd highest attendance in this league, currently at 23,559. Which is around 1500 less than yours, if you minus the extra average 500 away fans you get, we are around 1000 behind. Your at your highest point in decades and a relatively new stadium, a few years ago we were at our lowest point in 30/35 years. When the Riverside was 3 years old in this league we averaged 29K. After the highs of a European Final, League Cup ect. Years of Premier League spending. We cut our cloth and tried to do it on the cheap in the Premier League and not turn into a Bolton/Portsmouth have now. After 2 seasons we were relegated but Steve Gibson had sorted the debt the club owed to him (wrote off millions). Strachan appointed, total disaster spent millions on half of Scotland and nearly took us down to the 3rd tier for the 3rd time in our history! 3.5m on Scott Mcdonald, 2m on Kevin Thomson, 1.5m on Stephan McManus, 1m on Lee Miller, 1m on Barr Robson. Kris Boyd, WIllo Flood, Cris Killen, the list goes on!!! And at out lowest point in 30/35 years. Mowbray appointed and back to a shoe string budget to sort the mess out. Karanka arrives 2 seasons we have been on the up, attendances going up. Up 3k last year, 4K on that this season, will be the same next year no matter what league we are in. Its getting them fans back through the door. Plus add alot of people on teesside cannot afford season tickets and matchday prices are high! We have no categories or ticket deals at all. Around £30 a adult average and £17 a under 18. People pick and choose what games they go to at home and away games. We have always have had good away support. People want a day/night out watching the Boro. Weather it be a family or group of lads/mates. Think Ipswich home will sell out, Brighton is sold out at home. Bolton is sold out, Burnley is and Birmingham will in minutes when it goes on sale.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Riverside always looks empty - Because it holds 34K seats.

We have the 3rd highest attendance in this league, currently at 23,559. Which is around 1500 less than yours, if you minus the extra average 500 away fans you get, we are around 1000 behind. Your at your highest point in decades and a relatively new stadium, a few years ago we were at our lowest point in 30/35 years. When the Riverside was 3 years old in this league we averaged 29K. After the highs of a European Final, League Cup ect. Years of Premier League spending. We cut our cloth and tried to do it on the cheap in the Premier League and not turn into a Bolton/Portsmouth have now. After 2 seasons we were relegated but Steve Gibson had sorted the debt the club owed to him (wrote off millions). Strachan appointed, total disaster spent millions on half of Scotland and nearly took us down to the 3rd tier for the 3rd time in our history! 3.5m on Scott Mcdonald, 2m on Kevin Thomson, 1.5m on Stephan McManus, 1m on Lee Miller, 1m on Barr Robson. Kris Boyd, WIllo Flood, Cris Killen, the list goes on!!! And at out lowest point in 30/35 years. Mowbray appointed and back to a shoe string budget to sort the mess out. Karanka arrives 2 seasons we have been on the up, attendances going up. Up 3k last year, 4K on that this season, will be the same next year no matter what league we are in. Its getting them fans back through the door. Plus add alot of people on teesside cannot afford season tickets and matchday prices are high! We have no categories or ticket deals at all. Around £30 a adult average and £17 a under 18. People pick and choose what games they go to at home and away games. We have always have had good away support. People want a day/night out watching the Boro. Weather it be a family or group of lads/mates. Think Ipswich home will sell out, Brighton is sold out at home. Bolton is sold out, Burnley is and Birmingham will in minutes when it goes on sale.

You normally average around 16k in this league.It's inflated this season as you have spent heavily and were the favorites. Most clubs see a big spike in attendances when they reach the Premier league.We could easily fill 40k for a lot of games if we had the capacity.
Your home support is nowhere near ours. Your away support though is very impressive.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
What I was meaning to say was that their turn out at the Amex was far more embarrassing. The Riverside: entirely understandable. Fair play to the ones who have gone all that way.

TBF it was a late rearrangement of a nothing game thanks to Reading's cup run - this always hits the numbers able to attend, as does the near complete inability to complete a pass and score goals. As you said re the recent Sky Sports change, lots of fans getting shafted on train fares, hotels etc.

And I'd say that taking 600 to Forest is equally woeful considering the significance of the match, with Brighton at the best they've been for decades.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Middlesbrough to Nottingham is only 130 miles and a very easy drive taking about 2 hours on the motorway. Brighton to Nottingham is nearer 200 miles and a 3 and a half hour drive. The last time I drove for a Saturday match there it took nearer 6. Not sure what the trains would be like from both destinations. My point being that Nottingham is not half way between Boro and Brighton and so I would expect you take more. A better comparator might be the numbers we take or might have taken to somewhere like Readig in actual fact. It's a similar drive time as Boro to Nottingham although not as far. We took 4K earlier this season for a Saturday and around 2k the previous season which was an evening game.

Having said all that your away numbers are impressive and 645 of us at Forest (albeit on Sky) was not.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we were in the same position would we take much more than 148?

Recall being at Blackburn 2 years ago on a Tuesday night and we took 197, and that was with a chance of the play offs..

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
If we were in the same position would we take much more than 148?

Recall being at Blackburn 2 years ago on a Tuesday night and we took 197, and that was with a chance of the play offs..

Yep we do make ourselves look like absolute dickheads in relation to this. A message to fans of Boro, Reading, Palace or whoever - NSC is NOT representative of the views of Brighton fans as a whole, it is made up of a tiny minority of our support who are for the most part socially incompetent keyboard saddos who spend too much time on here. We don't all think we're Real Madrid or think northern towns are all slag heap shit holes.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
given their season is over
given boro is a crap away fixture

hats off to the buggers that went

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep we do make ourselves look like absolute dickheads in relation to this. A message to fans of Boro, Reading, Palace or whoever - NSC is NOT representative of the views of Brighton fans as a whole, it is made up of a tiny minority of our support who are for the most part socially incompetent keyboard saddos who spend too much time on here. We don't all think we're Real Madrid or think northern towns are all slag heap shit holes.

This 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Middlesbrough to Nottingham is only 130 miles and a very easy drive taking about 2 hours on the motorway. Brighton to Nottingham is nearer 200 miles and a 3 and a half hour drive. The last time I drove for a Saturday match there it took nearer 6. Not sure what the trains would be like from both destinations. My point being that Nottingham is not half way between Boro and Brighton and so I would expect you take more. A better comparator might be the numbers we take or might have taken to somewhere like Readig in actual fact. It's a similar drive time as Boro to Nottingham although not as far. We took 4K earlier this season for a Saturday and around 2k the previous season which was an evening game.

Having said all that your away numbers are impressive and 645 of us at Forest (albeit on Sky) was not.

Similar travel time and cost, you can't back to either Brighton or Boro the same night. You can get back to Brighton on the train from Reading after an evening game (even an 8pm k.o)

NELS1

Banned
Dec 19, 2015

Well said Bombadier, My point made earlier was directed at your fans who are utterly deluded. Probably young new fans who have just swelled your ranks with the new stadium. And know no different. Your 1k or so average over us with a population double ours. Really isn't anything to crow about. I have said it before and will say it again. I hope you go up with us.It's just your pompous, aloof brigade need to stop letting the rest of you down.Just for the record here's our history of attendances.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

Boros
http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/midd.htm

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think the ones that went are to be admired. Anyone that supports their team to this extent, for a nothing Tuesday game (for them), needs a good slap on the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here