Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How many grammes of dried pasta do you cook per person?

How much dried pasta per person?

• More than 75g

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • The suggested 75g serving

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • Less than 75g

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Who weighs pasta?

Votes: 55 38.7%

• Total voters

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
None. I think I am the only person I know who doesn't like pasta of any kind. Not fond of pizza either for what it's worth.
I think it is a boring nothing food.
I like a decent pizza, but not the cheapo shite you sometimes see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I avoid eating pasta, dull tasteless shit imo. A last resort in our household

Not a fan of pizza either, a decent thin base one is another last resort quick meal. I actually can’t eat a deep pan one though however hungry I am

The poll needed “who, except kids, eats pasta”

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Four English OUNCES. I won't be having anything foreign in my house after Brexit.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Not a fan of pizza either, a decent thin base one is another last resort quick meal. I actually can’t eat a deep pan one though however hungry I am

I think it is a boring nothing food.
I like a decent pizza, but not the cheapo shite you sometimes see.

That's like saying noodles, cous cous or rice is tasteless. Have you been eating pasta straight from the packet?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

This just suggests that you are sh|t at making a sauce / ragu to go with the pasta. It's like saying you don't like curry because boiled rice is bland. Pasta is just a vehicle after all.

Agreed re deep pan pizza, though this pedant can't help pointing out that if you were actually starving, you'd probably manage to eat it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's like saying noodles, cous cous or rice is tasteless. Have you been eating pasta straight from the packet?
You say that but I bloody love rice, maybe it’s just the texture of pasta that consigns it to “nah, not for me” as I am well aware that both are inedible without additions, even with them pasta of any shape or size (I’ll make an exception for Spaghetti Bolognese though) is very meh to yuck…for me :smile:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I always cook enough so that I end up totally bloated after 3 bowls. It’s how I was brought up by a pasta mamma.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This just suggests that you are sh|t at making a sauce / ragu to go with the pasta. It's like saying you don't like curry because boiled rice is bland. Pasta is just a vehicle after all.

Agreed re deep pan pizza, though this pedant can't help pointing out that if you were actually starving, you'd probably manage to eat it.
I am shit at cooking I accept but my wife is very good so I’m not having the shit at making sauce :wink:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I am shit at cooking I accept but my wife is very good so I’m not having the shit at making sauce :wink:

I'm going to need your wife to make me some pasta before I accept her sauce is adequate :)

On the subject of pasta, does anyone watch the Pasta Grannies series on YouTube? https://www.youtube.com/@pastagrannies/videos If nothing else, it's worth a watch to marvel at the powerful forearms of the Nonnas.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Nope, I haven’t been eating it straight from the packet, I just think it is a boring nothing food as is couscous. Rice? Not so bad!
However, as always, each to their own.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Spaghetti is a third of a packet per person. But if it's loose in the spaghetti jar I guess.
Rice is who knows. 1 cup per person but which cup? Never remember so always too much.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Spaghetti is a third of a packet per person. But if it's loose in the spaghetti jar I guess.
Rice is who knows. 1 cup per person but which cup? Never remember so always too much.

One cup of uncooked rice is loads. I normally do that for 2 knowing it will leave me with lots to spare for the next day.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I think you all need to be careful with your estimates, pasta just doesn’t grow on trees!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here