Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many countries have you been to and which is your favourite?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Off the top of my head and in no particular order (and including 'home islands'). Probably missed a few. Favourite difficult as so many different criteria but loved Colombia and Brazil.

France
Ireland
Jersey
Guernsey
Holland
Germany
Czech Rep
Denmark
Tunisia
Hong Kong
Singapore
Malaysia
India
Switzerland
Portugal
Spain
Belgium
Luxembourg
Croatia
Italy
Japan
USA
Mexico
Brazil
Argentina
Colombia
Ecuador
Venezuela
Uruguay
Antigua
Barbados
Bermuda
Tenerife
Gran Canaria
Fuerteventura
Majorca
Ibiza
Menorca
Formentera
Dubai
Abu Dhabi
Saudi Arabia
Greece
Isle of Man
Poland
Austria

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
36 countries With Thailand , Australia and parts of USA being my favs

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
germany
austria
switzerland
holland
belgium
luxemburg
scotland
wales
italy
france
spain
portugal
vatican state
denmark
sweden
norway
greece
ireland
serbia
isle of man
turkey
tunisia
usa
brazil
barbados

seems like it´s 25

favourites are italy brazil & barbados

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Just 16 for me

Ireland
France
Belgium
Holland
Luxembourg
Germany
Austria
Liechtenstein
Switzerland
Italy
Spain
Portugal
Denmark
Sweden
Finland
Russia

Toss-up between Finland and Italy for my favourite.

Can't be bothered to count but a lot.

Cuba (20 years ago) and India favourites.

ditto, word for word, was in Varadero and Havana in 1994, no water sports, no decent food, no all inclusives, plenty of Tecate though, heaven. A month in Goa (and a week in Delhi) would be up there too (1999) Mrs Doc will probably vote for a month we had in Koh Samui, that was great too....oh happy days x

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Couldn't tell you off the top my head , but's certainly more than it used to be . I travelled a lot around Eastern Europe and the Balkans , pre the Berlin Wall coming down . Mostly following England . Some of those countries have now fragmented and multiplied ,especially the western Soviet Union .
Can't even begin to think which country was my favourite. USA was great as I drove across from New York To LA. However it's probably a toss up between China and Burma ..........Actually , lets make that Burma.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Between 40 and 50 countries. Favourite is Brazil followed by Cuba. The Galapagos were amazing, but I didn't like Quito very much so Ecuador gets "marked" down for that.

I found China very disappointing.

Still, lots of places to go to.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
England, Wales, NI, Scotland, Portugal, USA, Lanzarote, Spain, France, Greece, Tenerife. Greece was great!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Must be me I thought Cuba was the worst advert for communism you could get. Havana bored after about 2 hours of looking at falling down buildings and at museums with nothing in them. Food terrible but then again they don't have much so have never learnt how to cook it I assume . People mainly great.

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
Lucky enough to have been to about 60 countries. Best so far have been South Africa, Cuba, Iceland and USA (most
visited before children and a hefty mortgage!)

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
England
France
Belgium (Not really but drove through it)
Germany
Tunisia
Iceland
USA (New York)

Favourite is probably USA shortly followed by Tunisia.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Over 50 but so am I so countries p.a. a bit on the low side.

I absolutely love travelling and have just taken a new job where I'll be away about 12-15 weeks a year.

2010 was awesome (as the young ones say): 22 countries in one year. Most of them repeats but SA, Mozambique and Swaziland were fascinating places.

Not going to WC this year for reasons covered on other threads but getting on a flight to HK half an hour before kick off on Sat. Then I'll be over the Pacific for the Uruguay game. And somehow I've agreed a meeting in Oregon which starts the same time as the Costa Rica game ... what a pillock! Coming home via West VA and Washington to complete my second circumnavigation.

Always try to do something memorable on every trip, even if it's just a local art gallery. This time it's Richard III at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Open air theatre at its best (apparently).

Most unusual thing we ever did: New Year's Eve party overlooking Sydney harbour followed by New Year's Eve party at Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas the following day. Credit card for that one should be paid off any decade soon.

Travel ... JFDI

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
32 countries (7 are one day trips though)

Philippines, Indonesia and Japan are my joint favourites. China is also nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here