How many CAPITAL cities have you been to?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

27 - London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Rome, Moscow, Berlin, Madrid, Budapest, Warsaw, Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Belgrade, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Lisbon, Berne, Athens, Vaduz, San Marino, Monaco, Vatican City, Tel Aviv, East Jerusalem.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Paris, Madrid, St Helier, Brussels, Amsterdam, Andorra la Vella, Rome, Vatican City, San Marino, Bern, Dubai, Bangkok, Canberra, Monaco, Prague

If airports count (passing through): Lisbon, Kuala Lumpur

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
31 - Brussels, Yaounde, Kinshasa, Abidjan, Paris, London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Banjul, Accra, Athens, Monrovia, Luxembourg, Berlin, Nouackhott, Monaco, Rabat, Amsterdam, Abuja, Lisbon, Dakar, Madrid, Bern, Lome, Tunis, Washington, Lusaka, Harare, Porto-novo, Bangui, Luanda.

I need to get out more.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Several people have quoted Zurich but I thought Bern was the capital of Switzerland

Several people have quoted Zurich but I thought Bern was the capital of Switzerland
Correct. I've been to both. And, as far as the Netherlands is (are?) concerned, I've been to both The Hague and Amsterdam (which is a matter of concern only to people who are under the mistaken impression that The Hague might be the capital city. It isn't).

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Not many - London, Paris, Cardiff, Madrid, Amsterdam, Prague, Athens, Brussels, Lilongwe, Lusaka, Addis Ababa
Ex-Capitals? - live in Winchester, er...er... Blantyre and Zomba in Malawi

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
As a point or order, Istanbul is not the capital of Turkey (Ankara)

However, for anyone interested, Istanbul is just about the most fabulous place and well worth a few days of anyone's time !

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, (does Belfast count?), Paris, Stockholm, Berlin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Brussels, Madrid, Rome, Lisbon, Athens, Istanbul, Moscow, Ottawa, Washington DC, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpar, Colombo, Monaco, Andorra.

Plus Doha airport.

Last edited:

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
As a point or order, Istanbul is not the capital of Turkey (Ankara)

However, for anyone interested, Istanbul is just about the most fabulous place and well worth a few days of anyone's time !

Totally second that. I went reluctantly because girlfriend wanted to go. Fabulous place, far far better than I expected - really exotic and 'foreign' without havung to rough it.

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
London
Cardiff
Amsterdam
Berlin
Prague
Budapest
Bratislava
Sarajevo
Belgrade
Athens
Beijing
Hong Kong and Singapore (don't know if I am allowed them though)
Hanoi
Vientiane
Phnom Penh
Bangkok
Kathmandu
Kuala Lumpur
Manila
Abu Dhabi

Quite a few, but when I was first thinking about this, I thought my total was a bit higher actually. At least I can say I have spent a reasonable amount of time in each, exploring them all, none of them being for work etc.

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
34 in total - London, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Dublin, Madrid, Lisbon, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Rome, Vatican City, Vienna, Brussels, Prague, Warsaw, Tallinn, Bucharest, Budapest, Bratislava, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Athens, Belgrade, Rabat, Cairo, Beijing, Hanoi, Bangkok, Gabarone, Lusaka, Lilongwe, Dodoma, Nairobi, Washington DC.

Not including airports as that's sort of cheating.

Some glaring omissions in there, can't believe I still haven't been to Belfast.

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
43 if you are counting uk capitals
London
Cardiff
Edinburgh
Belfast
Dublin
Paris
Brussels
Amsterdam/the Hague