Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before the crowd turns on Gus?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Following on from this, it's hypothetical question time.

How many games in would we have to still be struggling at the bottom of the division for the Withdean crowd to turn on Gus?

This is a big season for the Club - nobody really wants to be playing in League 1 (or worse!) at Falmer if we can avoid it, so presumably the crowd will be more expectant than usual? Especially if we sign the much spoken of striker?

Now, before I get called a twat, let me assure you I don't WANT this to happen. I want us to win the league, obviously. But I asked the question last season and was abused for it, yet the answer turned out to be "about 10 weeks", although Bloom was quite fast to pull the trigger on Slade before the fans turned particularly vocal (and before anyone says it, it wasn't me leading the Slade out brigade).

But how forgiving of failings from Gus willl the fans be should they arise (which hopefully they wouldn't) given his current sky high popularity amongst supporters?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I will boo if we lose at Swindon

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Cowfold?

1066gull

f*** OFF WW.

You made a similar thread in 2007-08 at Wilkins saying we were 'too boring' and look what that did to us for the next 2 and a half years.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if i had have gone tonight, i would have booed - so second friendly in answer to the question

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Can I get it out the way for everyone and concentrate on the actual content of the thread?

Bloody hell WW. You actually want us to get relegated, don't you? Moaning twat. :tantrum:

Sadly, there will be a portion of our crowd that will be calling for his head if we are not in the top half by October. It is a marathon, not a sprint.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
if i had have gone tonight, i would have booed - so second friendly in answer to the question

I will boo if we lose at Swindon

Ha, I'm not sure booing really constitutes turning on the manager and wanting him to go - I should perhaps have clarified that. Booing is commonplace after defeats now.

f*** OFF WW.

You made a similar thread in 2007-08 at Wilkins saying we were 'too boring' and look what that did to us for the next 2 and a half years.

1) got us a respectable finish
2) got sacked because the crowds found the football boring and stopped turning up
3) got sacked anyway.

Your point?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sadly, there will be a portion of our crowd that will be calling for his head if we are not in the top half by October. It is a marathon, not a sprint.
Not in the top half?
In October you can be not in the top half but three points from the playoffs.
People love to get sanctimonious about how awful all the fickle moaners are, so much stupider than them. But in fact that's not really the case, it takes a long time for a crowd to properly 'turn on' a manager. It never happened with Slade as far as I can remember. People booed when the performances were shit. Which they always will.

Won't happen anyway, we're going to lose in the playoff semi finals.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

How many games in would we have to still be struggling at the bottom of the division for the Withdean crowd to turn on Gus?

This is a big season for the Club - nobody really wants to be playing in League 1 (or worse!) at Falmer if we can avoid it, so presumably the crowd will be more expectant than usual? Especially if we sign the much spoken of striker?

Now, before I get called a twat, let me assure you I don't WANT this to happen. I want us to win the league, obviously. But I asked the question last season and was abused for it, yet the answer turned out to be "about 10 weeks", although Bloom was quite fast to pull the trigger on Slade before the fans turned particularly vocal (and before anyone says it, it wasn't me leading the Slade out brigade).

But how forgiving of failings from Gus willl the fans be should they arise (which hopefully they wouldn't) given his current sky high popularity amongst supporters?

Is your life a 'glass half empty'? WHy EVEN put this thread here? Your life must be very sad.

BE POSITIVE....BE HAPPY...
WHAT MORE CAN TB and GUS DO TO PLEASE YOU ?
You should be saying..'what will happen when we are promoted and some other team come in for Gus '.
JUST ENJOY THE RIDE......its going to be good

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

YOUR A BORING BASTARD....are a PALARSE supporter ?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Tell me you're joking....

second friendly with a load of new players still getting used to each other including one who only signed this morning. sod the considerable progress we made last season, tonight has convinced me that poyet HAS to go. how much do you think we will have to pay port vale to get adams back :jester:

1066gull

Ha, I'm not sure booing really constitutes turning on the manager and wanting him to go - I should perhaps have clarified that. Booing is commonplace after defeats now.

1) got us a respectable finish
2) got sacked because the crowds found the football boring and stopped turning up
3) got sacked anyway.

Your point?

1) we finished SEVENTH with him
2) went back to Adams - boring football AND SHIT CREEK football
3) almost got relegated with him
4) got slade, he did no better and we ended up wasting TWO WHOLE seasons doing f*** all

if we stayed with wilkins, we would be in the championship TWO YEARS AGO

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Depends how thick the fans are. There is NO WAY Bloom would only give Gus 15 games, unless it was literally W 0 D 2 L 13 or similar, which we all know it won't be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here