Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Liam Brady helped save Brighton

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Great guy and the prime example of leaving a small club to join a much bigger club (us)!

1991 Appointed Celtic manager.

1993 Resigns at Celtic, moves to Brighton, then in the third tier.

Says it all really.

TNBA

TTF

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have NEVER forgiven BARDY for ALLOWING the potless PILLOCK Dick Tight to BECOME chairman and RUIN our club. LUCKY Tony Bloom CAME along before Dick Tight POCKETED the money from the SALE of Withdean TOO

I understand said Mr Tight also sold the animals from the Withdean Zoo. Amazing what people will do in order to line their pockets.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was there at that meeting in Hove Park opposite the Goldstone, What a man Liam was, for me he is up there with other Albion legends

Totally agree about the walk of fame....take down Leon Knights image and replace it with the man who helped put together the consortium which led to the takeover from Archer and co.

Need a campaign to make this happen

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Great guy and the prime example of leaving a small club to join a much bigger club (us)!

1991 Appointed Celtic manager.

1993 Resigns at Celtic, moves to Brighton, then in the third tier.

Says it all really.

TNBA

TTF

"resigns" is pushing it a bit.....

However, the guy is a hero

Jameson

Shall always remember the somewhat sad sight of Liam Brady trudging across Hailsham's Beaconsfield pitch before a pre-season friendly put on by Hailsham to raise funds for the Albion (yes, it was that way round). This man had graced the European Cup and pretty much everything at club and international level home and abroad. Here he was, trying to save my club.

An Albion hero, he played a massive part in our history. Have a look at pages 18, 27 and 64 of "More than 90 Minutes" to see his passion.

You're always welcome here, Liam. :clap2:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Will always remember the passionate and strong-willed announcement by Liam Brady that the club had agreed a 12 month stay of execution to remain at the Goldstone during that dark era - that was a straw to clutch at and for what he did in standing up to those evil bastards, Archer, Belotti and Stanley.

Top man and agree that he should replace Leon Knight around the AMEX.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
I remember the Albion faithful singing at that cup game we won away at Leicester in mid nineties - went on for ages

Liam Brady's magic
He wears his magic hat
And when he saw the championship
He said I'm having that

Met him once very briefly outside Highbury (friend of friend of friend thing) - v friendly and seemed genuinely interested in the Albion.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
He is a far more worthy recipient of a place on the wall of fame. I remember going to Fulham & him walking to the Albion supporters behind the goal at the away end & stopping for a chat & signing my daughters programme. Top man, very genuine.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I can remember exactly where i was when i knew Liam Brady was our new manager,i was delighted and thought the bad times were finally behind us,that first Boxing day game versus Barnet a 3-0 wn? was great 10,000 plus after gates of half that,little did we know.

Liam brady? for all he did for this club,an absolute :bowdown: Legend :bowdown: for Brighton during the "war years".

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I can remember exactly where i was when i knew Liam Brady was our new manager,i was delighted and thought the bad times were finally behind us,that first Boxing day game versus Barnet a 3-0 wn? was great 10,000 plus after gates of half that,little did we know.

Liam brady? for all he did for this club,an absolute :bowdown: Legend :bowdown: for Brighton during the "war years".

We beat Barnet 1-0 with a penalty. They were the only team below us at the time. I remember it well.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Sorry, should have added yes, Liam Brady was a legend for us. Brought Frank Stapleton to play for us for a couple of games.I remember that period more clearly than any to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here