Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is Wayne Bridge gonna feel about doing this?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
just noticed this:
@OfficialBHAFC: #BHAFC #fansforum Gus says he hopes Wayne Bridge will be fit for Chelsea. Also confirms his team will form guard of honour for Euro Champs.

personally very embarrassed by this.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Why is this embarressing ????? two professional teams one giving the other gaurd of honour as they are euro champs, Bridges is a pro ffs its his job

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's their first game in England since winning Europes biggest prize. Not that embarrassed. Great achievement.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Embarrassed? Do f*** off. It shows class. Southampton take note.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We've had it done for us when we've won trophies and titles, so only fair that we reciprocate IMO.

That said, I still don't like the idea of them parading the trophy about - save that for Stamford Bridge.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

why? you're embarressed our club is going to honor the reigning European champions? or that Bridge may have a personal issue with one of their players?

dont understand the dislike of Chelsea, just another club, who done very last year and have some cracking talent. if its about Bridge, he's probably moved on it or would do sooner if others dont keep raising it. either way, get over it.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
just noticed this:
@OfficialBHAFC: #BHAFC #fansforum Gus says he hopes Wayne Bridge will be fit for Chelsea. Also confirms his team will form guard of honour for Euro Champs.

Why be embarrassed? It shows that BHAFC recognises what an achievement winning the European Cup/Champions League is. It is, after all, Chelsea FC and not John Terry FC. I cannot stand Chelsea FC and would have been happier had they not made the final-they did though and they deserve respect for their win.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Bridge is a professional so I'm sure he'll have no problem doing this.

(Especially as a certain person played no part in the Munich final. Snigger)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I suspect Wayne Bridge had a lucky escape

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not giving Chelsea a guard of honour for their first game in England since winning the biggest prize in European club football would be churlish in the extreme and show a complete lack of class. As has been said, we're not Southampton.

It might be worth considering that Chelsea would have had a lot of offers of friendlies and that it could be regarded as a compliment that they chose to play us. If they want to bring the Champions League trophy down and show it off, they're more than welcome.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Not giving Chelsea a guard of honour for their first game in England since winning the biggest prize in European club football would be churlish in the extreme and show a complete lack of class. As has been said, we're not Southampton.

It might be worth considering that Chelsea would have had a lot of offers of friendlies and that it could be regarded as a compliment that they chose to play us. If they want to bring the Champions League trophy down and show it off, they're more than welcome.

This.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
just noticed this:

^^^^^^ I'm 'personally very embarrassed' by this reaction...

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
It would probably be more of an embarrassment if we didn't form a guard of honour. I'm sure we'd want other teams to do it for us. *cough* Southampton *cough*. Let's face it, if we were playing Barcelona an they had won it, we'd do a guard of honour for them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

As much as the whole Chelsea love-in has irritated me in the build-up to this game I fully agree with this. It shows class on behalf of the club as a whole and the team in particular. "Good manners cost nothing" as mum used to say.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
yeah how embarrassing to honour the team that just won the best club competition in the world thus making them (in a tangible but debatable sense) the best club side in the world at the moment. i'm sure Wayne Bridge would feel pretty good about honouring such an achievement. if he gives it the old *cough*wanker*cough* when you know who trots out, that's up to him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here