Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How I Hate This

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I honestly believe that the erratic play we have experienced in the past has been largely eliminated by RDZ. We'll get beaten, yes, but it will be by teams playing exceptionally well, rather than being caused by our own shortcomings.
Like Charlton...

There will always be surprising (positive and negative) results... part of football. Borderline the whole reason why to watch this sport. I think right now Brighton will beat Leicester eight times out of ten but you never know.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Like Charlton...

There will always be surprising (positive and negative) results... part of football. Borderline the whole reason why to watch this sport. I think right now Brighton will beat Leicester eight times out of ten but you never know.
Thta's why I said "largely" as there is always the chance of a banana skin like Charlton. For some reason we always used to play badly against teams near the bottom, but I dont think that will be the case now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reminds me of our first away game in the PL where a Leicester reporter said we were the worst PL team he had ever seen.

From memory Mahrez scored in about 4 mins by skinning Suttner (?) and slotting the ball home. We were bloody awful in fairness

el punal

Reminds me of our first away game in the PL where a Leicester reporter said we were possible the worst PL team he had ever seen.

From memory Mahrez scored in about 4 mins by skinning Suttner (?) and slotting the ball home. We were bloody awful in fairness
God, I was at that game. Second one of the season and the reporter was probably right. Maguire was actually very good as well. :down:

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
I’ve just had a gander at Foxestalk - the Leicester City fans forum. There are seven pages on the upcoming fixture with ourselves and just about every post reckons we will stuff them. Lots of wonderful praise about our style of play matched by how awful everything is with Leicester at the moment.

When you read and hear stuff like that you know what will happen next - one gigantic banana skin incoming. :ohmy:

I think if fan mood is the driver dictating the result of football matches then every team in the league would finish on the same number of points.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A lifetime of being a Brighton fan means that I can only think this has "tepid 2-1 home win" written all over it. Every sign points to a Brighton win, which in itself is the biggest sign that it'll be a Leicester one

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This is all on the manager. The fact is this guy will not let our players take their foot off or lose focus. We’d have won the championship title in 2017 if he’d been in charge.
That doesn’t mean we win every match, what it does mean is when we do lose or draw it won’t be because we were ‘typical Brighton’ anymore, he’s experienced that once at Charlton and he clearly didn’t like it!!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I started watching in 68 and my attending peaked in the late 90s so I have that expectation that it can't last, we will lose to eveyone and drop down the divisions, the opposite to Man U fans who never expect to fail or get relegated both destined for agony!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We should win we might not, I don’t see any PL game as a massive banana skin as anyone can beat anyone on their day in his league as we have proved since coming up.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A lifetime of being a Brighton fan means that I can only think this has "tepid 2-1 home win" written all over it. Every sign points to a Brighton win, which in itself is the biggest sign that it'll be a Leicester one

I started watching in 68 and my attending peaked in the late 90s so I have that expectation that it can't last, we will lose to eveyone and drop down the divisions, the opposite to Man U fans who never expect to fail or get relegated both destined for agony!
I know, I know, I know. We are rightly seen as favourites for this game. We're currently producing our best football EVER, we're storming up the table, we're dismantling teams for fun, our manager seems to be combination of the best bits of Shankly, Clough and Guardiola, our players are playing out of their skins and our confidence is sky-high. Leicester on the other hand are the exact opposite to us in every respect. How can it be anything other than a 2-1 Leicester win?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm not 100% sure we can keep up this level of putting away our chances. Law of averages says we may be due a potter style game where we miss a hatfull.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I hate to be pessimistic but I have a bad feeling about this one. We're on great form, they look terrible etc.

Maybe a lifetime of following the Albion has battered my hopes and expectations. I'd happily take a draw.
i see you've been here a while but don't post too often , i agree , this is the kind of game we habitual lose.......however i'm hoping this time we buck the trend...:wink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know, I know, I know. We are rightly seen as favourites for this game. We're currently producing our best football EVER, we're storming up the table, we're dismantling teams for fun, our manager seems to be combination of the best bits of Shankly, Clough and Guardiola, our players are playing out of their skins and our confidence is sky-high. Leicester on the other hand are the exact opposite to us in every respect. How can it be anything other than a 2-1 Leicester win?
Yes think it's one of those games, if we score early their fans will start to get on the backs of their players and we will win comfortably.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I said to my mate at work, this could be typical Brighton not winning when they really should - he said they’ve only got one player and he’s crocked. (Maddison)
Still I won’t be taking the even money about us!

el punal

I’ve just had a gander at Foxestalk - the Leicester City fans forum. There are seven pages on the upcoming fixture with ourselves and just about every post reckons we will stuff them. Lots of wonderful praise about our style of play matched by how awful everything is with Leicester at the moment.

When you read and hear stuff like that you know what will happen next - one gigantic banana skin incoming. :ohmy:
Thank Evan’s! His peach of a header meant the incoming banana skin fortunately went astray. I didn’t go to the game but it seems that when you draw a game in the dying minutes makes it so much more satisfying. Leicester fans are somewhat divided about this - they should have held on for three points or were totally outplayed and were lucky to get a draw. Either way, the majority thought we played lovely football. Onwards and upwards. :ascarf:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thank Evan’s! His peach of a header meant the incoming banana skin fortunately went astray. I didn’t go to the game but it seems that when you draw a game in the dying minutes makes it so much more satisfying. Leicester fans are somewhat divided about this - they should have held on for three points or were totally outplayed and were lucky to get a draw. Either way, the majority thought we played lovely football. Onwards and upwards. :ascarf:
And that was us at a 6/10 !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here