Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How hostile is Friday going to be?

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
All energy from Albion fans should be focused on supporting the team.
No doubting that is the only worthwhile channel.

After the final whistle go back to the local to celebrate( or inquest).

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I got the impression after our home game where we beat Palace 3-0 there was finally a mutual respect between most of the fans of the two clubs, and to me it was as if all the fans had had enough of all this 'war' type stuff between them and were now viewing the rivalry as a good old football team rivalry rather than a want to kill each other just for the sake of it, it's a shame we are meeting again this late in the stage of the league and with so much at stake, I hope it turns out we can all be grown ups again and enjoy the footie and inevitable banter together, minus the hostility. Whatever the result I am looking forward to two cracking, close fought games of footie, and hope to the point of pain that we win, and would feel like that whoever we were playing!

Come on Albion!

Jan 30, 2008
I got the impression after our home game where we beat Palace 3-0 there was finally a mutual respect between most of the fans of the two clubs, and to me it was as if all the fans had had enough of all this 'war' type stuff between them and were now viewing the rivalry as a good old football team rivalry rather than a want to kill each other just for the sake of it, it's a shame we are meeting again this late in the stage of the league and with so much at stake, I hope it turns out we can all be grown ups again and enjoy the footie and inevitable banter together, minus the hostility. Whatever the result I am looking forward to two cracking, close fought games of footie, and hope to the point of pain that we win, and would feel like that whoever we were playing!

Come on Albion!
seriously!!! what planet are you on ??? do you go to theses games wrapped in cotton wool ...........just asking??
regards
DR

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
seriously!!! what planet are you on ??? do you go to theses games wrapped in cotton wool ...........just asking??
regards
DR

He did say 'most of the fans of the two clubs'... which excludes the knuckle-dragging ****wits on both sides.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
knuckle dragging don't come into it , do you know your history :dunce:
regards
DR

He was clearly talking about a more grown-up relationship being in evidence now, and not the 70's which I did live through as a teenager.

A couple of them made up a story of a 15 year old Palace girl getting assaulted by Brighton fans. I called bullsh*t on it and they made more elaborate stories about it including the police being involved. I still said it didn't happen so they said that I must have done it to because I was so determined to call their bluff. They did quite a good job of smearing my name too hence my ire. It's not the kind of thing that you want to be associated with. It also goes a long way to explaining why I have such a low opinion of Palace trolls on here.

If you look in the 'Ask The Police' section of NSC you'll see that our police liaison officer confirmed that there was no assault on any 15 year old girls.

And great use of Squeeze lyrics by the way.

Well I don't care what everyone else says, I don't think you did it.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
One thing's a cast iron certainty, BOTH sets of fans afterwards will claim the other was silent/no atmosphere/sat there in silence the whole game. Bit boring now tbh.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
I remember that night, I took my young son (a mistake as I was really worried for him). We were kept back for ages after the match and the raving Millwall fans we running up and down the terraces like maniacs... they made bonfires and screamed blue murder. It was terrifying coming out into the night amidst the loonies from the Den. BUT we got to Wembley! Anybody else there who remembers it?

My recollection was fearful racist chanting for Michael Small and Codner, and the hope draining from Millwall after our first goal. 20 minutes post game viewing terrace fires and singing 'west side' 'east side' or was it 'north side' 'south side' Brighton boys. Special trains back to Brighton non stop. Got into Brighton at 11.45 so nice and fresh for work the following day.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea

Come on Albion!

LOL!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here