Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How good was DUNK today?!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I know it’s not the “done thing” after a loss for a positive player performance thread. If we win everyone is a legend, if we lose… less so.

But I think Dunk was absolutely immense today. Without him it could’ve gotten very messy.

No yellow card, some world class defending including an amazing header off the line - but what about that (left foot?) through ball out of absolutely nowhere. Absolutely wonderful footballer.

I hope his cock and balls are okay though. That looked… sore.

(Again, before I’m attacked, gutted to lose any game) but wasn’t he outstanding?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think it was his best performance this season, weirdly.
We’ve been truly blessed to have him here.
I absolutely agree , but I daren’t say that in the OP as we lost… I took as a risk as it stands!

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
A proper captains performance. Led by example.

So many moments of brilliance.

That cool chest to the keepers hands (always surprises the commentators, but we've seen it enough times to know it's his special move).

That incredible pass through the middle, again, becoming typical of this world class defender.

The header off the line. Absolutely immense. A certain goal.

...and of course the blocking. Blocks on a dive, with his head, with his nuts. He will just throw everything he has at every shot and cross and will get to it 90% of the time.

He has become, without a doubt in my mind, one of the best defenders in the world.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I know it’s not the “done thing” after a loss for a positive player performance thread. If we win everyone is a legend, if we lose… less so.

But I think Dunk was absolutely immense today. Without him it could’ve gotten very messy.

No yellow card, some world class defending including an amazing header off the line - but what about that (left foot?) through ball out of absolutely nowhere. Absolutely wonderful footballer.

(Again, before I’m attacked, gutted to lose any game) but wasn’t he outstanding?
Even Clinton Morrison on the bbc website said what a very good player he is ….immense would have covered it

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It would be ridiculous if someone else had done it. For Dunk it was standard. The commentator didn't realise that though, and was taken aback by it.
Spot on. though Igor is learning fast and did one Thursday.

Re Dunk, it is just embarrassing that Southgate overlooked him for so long.

We talk about Caicedo, MacAllister etc… being world class, but actually we’ve been watching a world class centre-back for some time.

Brilliant player

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

He was immense and deserved to be on the winning side . Hopefully he will be on Thursday.
Btw it’s not the case that there is relentless negativity after defeats . Indeed there is literally a ‘thread full of positives ‘after every game .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It would be ridiculous if someone else had done it. For Dunk it was standard. The commentator didn't realise that though, and was taken aback by it.

Exactly.

And that bolleaux from the commentators about how his passing has improved. It was always that good, but those first couple of seasons trying to survive in the Premier under Hughton alongside Big Shane, it wasn't exactly a priority :facepalm:

I really think we are now watching one of England's best, at the height of their career :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here