Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good are we?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We look like we have a good defence this season (5 goals in 6 games - only Carlisle are better) so 75 goals might do it..

And that's almost entirely without Greer. I'd say with our strong midfield and defence we are well capable of going on a long run of clean sheets - when we only need to score once.

To answer the question 'how good are we?' I think it's too early to tell - but the early results are encouraging. I would be very surprised if we weren't top 6 as I can only see H'field, Posh, SCC, Charlton and Sheff W finishing above us - and I'm sure not all of them will.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm not to concern about the lack of goals.The key is having a solid defence like the old Arsenal side under graham.
So far we have actually played good sides so far.

MK - Bang in form when we played them

Carlisle - as above

Wednesday - as above but now have nosed dived.

Rochdale - Suprise package in the top 6 so far.

Swindon - Two wins on the bounce and i expect them to finish there or abouts.

Walsall - The only average side we have played so far.

We have yet to play any teams you expect to really struggle this season.I predict we will spank a couple of teams this season.Our goals for will pick up soon.
There is nothing wrong with the depth of the squad either.We can a cope with a few injuries.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't fear any team in the division, promotion either automatically or through the play offs is entirely down to us getting consistent performances, week in week out.

We need the strikers to get more clinical in front of goal, if they do then I am confident that we will be comfortable top 6 finishers.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
how good are we?

a massive improvement on last season is good enough for me after all the expectation of the last 2 seasons

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Personally, from what I've seen so far, we don't have a lot to fear from other teams in this league.
We are physically strong, plenty of quality and we will score goals.
However, we lack a 20+ goalscorer. History shows you need a 30+ striker or 2 x 20 goals. We do need someone else in my opinion

Nicky Forster ain't playing a lot at Brentford...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm not to concern about the lack of goals.The key is having a solid defence like the old Arsenal side under graham.
So far we have actually played good sides so far.

MK - Bang in form when we played them

Carlisle - as above

Wednesday - as above but now have nosed dived.

Rochdale - Suprise package in the top 6 so far.

Swindon - Two wins on the bounce and i expect them to finish there or abouts.

Walsall - The only average side we have played so far.

We have yet to play any teams you expect to really struggle this season.I predict we will spank a couple of teams this season.Our goals for will pick up soon.
There is nothing wrong with the depth of the squad either.We can a cope with a few injuries.

What about Bournemouth then? And the other South Coast giant might wake up...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Danny-Boy - we haven't played Bournemouth or Southampton yet have we. I think algie is saying that we're 8th with a game in hand despite having played mainly teams that are/were in-form.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Unlike other posters I think we have the strongest squad we have had for ages with some serious strength in depth. The only area of concern is up front with Murray inconcistent, although better than he has been for a few seasons, and Barnes probably not quite good enough. At the moment this makes us play off contenders and no more.

However if Sandaza comes good and contributes 15-20 goals then a top two finish really isn't out of the question.

StJimmyL

Nov 2, 2009
We're doing OK so far, aren't we? Win tomorrow and we go second - or maybe top if we trounce them.

Key moment of the season is when LuaLua goes back - if we have an injury or a suspension, it could get a bit hairy (especially if it's Bennet or a striker) - but I have every faith in the management team to pul us through.

Our defence is recognised as understaffed, so Taricco registered as a player incase we need some numbers (158 appearances for Spurs shows his class - and he looks good in the reserves)

Need to keep the players focused on the ball - off the ball sending offs for fighting/whining/dissent will see us slip.

COME ON THE ALBION!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here