Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How fickle are YOU? Your Albion mojo today

Where is your Albion mojo today

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m a 9. There was an inevitability Biss was off, think we’ve done alright financially out of it and I don’t mind Spurs being the side he’s joining. Gutted about Cucu but it was fairly obvious by Christmas he was destined for better things. It was also blindingly obvious Man City would be interested given Peps love of us/Potter and the Barca links. Super excited for a full season of Mac and Caicedo running things, and can’t wait to see who we sign- suspect there’ll be more gems then we are expecting.
Also really intrigued by Undav, Mitoma and Van Hecke who I expect will all feature.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not fickle in the slightest.

When this question was asked at the end of the season, I voted 7, because I factored in the sadness that I'd seen Bissouma play for the last time in an Albion shirt - and got slaughtered for being 'impossible to please'.

Still 7.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also Sarmiento who looked genuinely electric in his cameos (just keep out of our own box, boy)

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Negative I know but 6, with bissouma going and potentially cucurella I think we might be back into a relegation scrap, this may seem too pessimistic but let me explain, in 20-21, we came 16th without cucu and mwepu, next season, potentially cucurella going and a better midfielder in bissouma leaving I think is going to put us in a big hole, not expecting anything big next season

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
End of last season I would have been a 9. (The inevitable loss of Biss accounting for my -1).

Totally understand why Biss had to leave with only a year left on his contract and I wish him well.

Down to a 7 at the prospect of losing Cucu because a) he is not in the same contractural position as Biss and we don't have to offload him now and b) because unlike just about every other position, we have no top quality LB cover in the squad.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A firm 9 as I was when GP was appointed.

1. Albion's greatest asset, Graham Potter, remains at the club. This week's England debacle has shown how valuable he is.

2. 9th place finish was a huge improvement and significantly above both my expectations and I suspect many others..

3. Delighted that Albion's policy of bringing in young players to be sold at a large profit is improving.
Last summer it was only 1 player, this year it'll likely be 2.
That's progress that should attract more good young players to the club who can see a pathway via Albion to the very top.
It doesn't necessarily mean that we're selling future success.
As an example, Leicester sold Kante, Maguire, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Chilwell for around a quarter of a billion.
They replaced with quality in Maddison, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Justin and Pereira and won the FA Cup.
Selling players for a sizeable profit shows success and is worthy of both congratulations and praise.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Still 8,would like to see Welbeck put pen to paper and Trossard agree a extension,I'm not that worried about El Cuckoo leaving in this window,he's integral to the next step in the clubs plan.
Potter will fight tooth and nail to persuade both Bloom and the player himself it's worth sticking around for another season at least.

Bissouma leaving will weaken the squad but not the team,Caciedo has shown he's well up for the challenge.
We have some new faces up front in Undav and Mitoma it will be interesting to see how they get on in the EPL,personally I think Mitoma will fit our system slightly better than Undav,we shall see.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£100m for Bissouma and Cucurella would be good business, I reckoned TB could do some serious recruitment with that kind of war chest.

Mojo 10+

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
9 only because we could lose M C, however i trust The board and rest to do whats right for the club.

Nobody should be worried we are in good hands just enjoy the ride, we have at least another season in the top flight, we are lucky, some have sadly passed and not been able to enjoy the fact we are up with the big boys and just finished 9th in the best league in the world. Never forget how far we have come and what happened before. Enjoy the rough with the smooth.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Biss was expected to go. Losing Cucurella would be sad, but not insurmountable.
I’d be even sadder if Trossard were to go as well - there was a Newcastle post towards the end of last season which had a “possible staring 11 for next season” which included Biss and Trossard - at least that won’t happen now.
We have a new Paraguayan super kid - looks most promising.
We have lots of promising former loanees on the cards as well.
And GP is good at developing people!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A solid 9. 1 point off the 10 because of the Cucurella rumours. I'm really excited about next season even if I am missing an annoying number of games at the beginning of it.

Caicedo, Mwepu, Enciso, Sarmiento a new dawn rising for this team, I'm all on board.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

It's the summer. Cricket's on. Le Tour is about to start.

Football schmootball.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Biss was expected to go. Losing Cucurella would be sad, but not insurmountable.
I’d be even sadder if Trossard were to go as well - there was a Newcastle post towards the end of last season which had a “possible staring 11 for next season” which included Biss and Trossard - at least that won’t happen now.
We have a new Paraguayan super kid - looks most promising.
We have lots of promising former loanees on the cards as well.
And GP is good at developing people!

Newcastle and Hove Albion.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Biss going not so fussed about, Mr FLAIR HAIR is a different matter, if he goes I hope it will be for Squillions...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If Cuca is sold I will go and watch mile oak

It is a disgrace and barber can go and feck off to Chelsea

If he isn’t then as you are it’s all marvellous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here