How far would you go when buying a present for your partner/spouse...?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Strange question perhaps, but I ask after hearing that a Leeds supporter here has just bought his girlfriend a Man Utd shirt (personalised with HIS name, not hers - they're not married) for her birthday. She does support Man U. "It's what she wanted".

I like to think that if my girlfriend asked me for a Palace shirt with my name on I'd flatly say no, even if it is what she wants for her birthday. Does that make me a bad boyfriend, or is my (unnamed) colleague just a mug?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Strange question perhaps, but I ask after hearing that a Leeds supporter here has just bought his girlfriend a Man Utd shirt (personalised with HIS name, not hers - they're not married) for her birthday. She does support Man U. "It's what she wanted".

I like to think that if my girlfriend asked me for a Palace shirt with my name on I'd flatly say no, even if it is what she wants for her birthday. Does that make me a bad boyfriend, or is my (unnamed) colleague just a mug?

What you want and what you get are two different things. If your GF loved you properly - without the need of batteries, she wouldn't make you humiliate yourself like that (unless you're into role-playing games).

You colleague isn't a mug. He's a total berk.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011

If my girlfriend asked me that she would be my ex very quickly

Chunk

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Argos

... sorry couldn't resist a cheap gag.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I once went to London Town to buy one of these for my then girlfriends birthday. Exciting, and what did she do, she stuck it in my ear!

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I asked my missus what she wanted for her birthday

She went all silent, and I thought here we go

I asked her if she fancied a diamond ring

No answer

I asked her if she fancied a fur coat

No answer

I asked her if she fancied an Audi TT

No answer