[Football] How excited are you about the Euros?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How excited are you about the Euros

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find much the same. I think it's a simple mathematical thing of the more times you've seen us fail, the less the enthusiasm. But I'll still be watching our first game and a couple of good performances and I'll be right up there again. You would think I would have learnt by now :dunce:

And Mrs Wz being Scottish has never even experienced the vain hope of an albeit unlikely, but never the less, outside chance of success :wink:

As Mrs Wz will doubtless tell you, it's not all about the success. It's mainly all about the glorious do-or-die failure :cry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As Mrs Wz will doubtless tell you, it's not all about the success. It's mainly all about the glorious do-or-die failure :cry:

No different to England you just get it over with quicker :wink:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
8 here.

I'm unashamedly excited about it.

Loved the experience of visiting Japan for WC 2002 and following England in a major tournament.

If we can navigate that tricky 2nd round tie against tough opponents, we've got a real chance.

England v France final at Wembley with us as the underdogs... :drool:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I didn’t even realise England were playing, I don’t know who’s in England’s squad - I really don’t care. I’ll be watching Emmerdale instead - England are shit they never win majors so I’m not interested. Southgate is shit because he didn’t choose Dunk. We always lose as soon as we’re up against anyone good. I hate football and my country and I hate anyone who plays for England. I’ll be supporting the Albion players. I hate life & love moaning etc etc etc

0 for me.

#Sheep

:clap2: :lolol::lolol:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I fell out of love with England when Rooney bawled out supporters after the end of England’s witless, goalless draw with Algeria during the South African World Cup. I’ve never really recovered my England mojo since. Even our semi-final in the last World Cup warranted little more than a fatalistic shrug at the time. The addition of Brighton players would certainly help but that’s not likely to happen with Waistcoat at the helm.

Consequently, I’ve not even registered these Euros. No dates in the diary. No plans made. No idea what I’m doing over the key dates. Probably working.

Quite sad really. For me, the major tournaments used to be the summer. Would love to get that sense back but don’t know what it would take for that to happen.

It’s all about the Albion for me these days.

Similar to me, not fussed about England any more, however can not wait for the euros, plenty of football to enjoy still.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Been keeping a close eye on how teams played in the qualification rounds and a few teams stand out , non more than Turkey who will definitely have the burden of my £2.50 e/w @66s .

Wouldn't be that surprised to see both England and Germany eliminated in the group stages .

We have a few players involved so will hopefully get to see them play for their countries .

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Voted 10 out of 10. International tournament, with us in it, on home soil with a game against the Jockos - what's not to be excited about?!

Only thing that could lower that to a 9 is to what extent Covid will affect atmosphere etc.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Very much so.

The slow build up of a United nation that dares to believe before getting ****ed over in the knock out stages

It’s the only semi Mrs LBC genuinely gets excited for, well that’s what she tells me anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone watching Spain Portugal...Spain missing chances like we did all season.

England are not in the same league as these two!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Decades of under achievement and disappointment means I won't be fully match fit until we reach the knockout stages, by which time, all past memories will have been obliterated ... with the help of alcohol obvs [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

35 years ago when we first met, she tried that line when she turned up at my flat for our first England/Scotland game with a Lion rampant flag. Sadly, I'm starting to come round to her way of thinking :down:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Anyone from the UK officiating? It will be interesting to compare the quality of the European referees vs our home grown bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Been keeping a close eye on how teams played in the qualification rounds and a few teams stand out , non more than Turkey who will definitely have the burden of my £2.50 e/w @66s .

Wouldn't be that surprised to see both England and Germany eliminated in the group stages .

We have a few players involved so will hopefully get to see them play for their countries .

I went with £20 outright winner Croatia at 47 on the exchanges with a view to cashing out a bit when they win their group.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It seems rather lacklustre this year - maybe because of the separated nature of the tournament. But maybe it would have been terrible in one place anyway in these circumstances.

I reserve the right to be more excited if England do well.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Struggling to get enthusiastic about England, not helped by the selection of Mings, Maguire and Henderson. Looking forward to seeing some of the games that don't involve England.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports