Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How exactly did we blow the Championship title in 2016/17?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I remember a Norwich supporter mate got a bit upset with us for singing “you’re nothing special, we’ve been on the piss” or something like that anyway 😂

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have many Albion memories, good and bad, over the decades. In recent times, sitting in the Villa Park car park alone (waiting for Harty, everyone else had gone!), I had never felt so miserable. We had just been promoted to the PL and yet it was gut-wrenching to have blown the title in those last three games.

Yes, CH should have had a far tighter grip on the players and not let them go on the piss until the job had been completed but it was the players who took to the pitch who just didn't perform. Those players will never again have the chance to win an English title in their careers. Do they care? Almost certainly not. Bottom line is that the title didn't mean the same to them as it did to so many fans.

But we move on!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have many Albion memories, good and bad, over the decades. In recent times, sitting in the Villa Park car park alone (waiting for Harty, everyone else had gone!), I had never felt so miserable. We had just been promoted to the PL and yet it was gut-wrenching to have blown the title in those last three games.

Yes, CH should have had a far tighter grip on the players and not let them go on the piss until the job had been completed but it was the players who took to the pitch who just didn't perform. Those players will never again have the chance to win an English title in their careers. Do they care? Almost certainly not. Bottom line is that the title didn't mean the same to them as it did to so many fans.

But we move on!
This thread proves we do not move on though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here