Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How do you get on with your immediate neighbours?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pretty good, although recently the Church of England bought the house next door - nice big modern house. Moved in a vicar which was nice. Apart from he gets pissed & chain smokes daily which was unexpected. Also lives with his husband / partner who doesn’t seem to ever go out. A lot of glass bottles go into the recycling bin every morning...

No bother but very odd arrangement and slightly intriguing

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One side we have a youngish gay couple, one of whom is airline cabin crew so we rarely see him, although a bit more now obviously. They seem to keep themselves to themselves but are happy enough to chat over the garden wall if we're all out back at the same time. The other side I think I've spoken to twice in the seven years I've lived here. Don't know much about them at all.

The rest of the street is quite a nice little community. We live in a cul-de-sac so pretty much the only people you ever see in the road, live here. Had a nice touch last week, when one of the kids in the road had a 9th birthday and was upset he wasn't going to get a party, so a couple of facebook posts later, loads of people decorated their windows with Happy Birthday messages and left sweets out, and he was over the moon.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
One of my ex neighbours was a woman in her early 30s and not too attractive . I was in the the back garden and she was in a bit of a state and asked me to come round as she had woken up with a fright as there was a bird flying around in her bedroom so could \i come in a get rid of it. I went into her bedroom and there was a bird flapping around right next to a huge 10inch vibrator. She burst out that was a present from her ex boyfriend . We both laughed and I ushered the bird out of the window.She was a strange lady as shortly after that a young guy moved in and she told my wife she was deliberately giving him fattening foods to get him up to about 15 stone the same as her.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Pretty good, although recently the Church of England bought the house next door - nice big modern house. Moved in a vicar which was nice. Apart from he gets pissed & chain smokes daily which was unexpected. Also lives with his husband / partner who doesn’t seem to ever go out. A lot of glass bottles go into the recycling bin every morning...

No bother but very odd arrangement and slightly intriguing

now that is intriguing, great post

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We had one of those live across the road from us a few years ago, really nice guy and also a great mechanic. His wife was disabled and he had “retired” from the Fire Service with a “bad back” at about 40 years old. He knew how to milk the system and when his wife died he took up with another woman and showed her the ropes for being “ill” and claiming benefits.

I actually liked the guy but always felt I should really have been shopping him. iI once saw him pick up the front a Mini and hold it whilst his son put axle stands under the car. Not bad for a man who had to retire with a bad back!

In fairness thinking about my last sentence I think the engine may have been out of the Mini at the time!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The rest of the street is quite a nice little community. We live in a cul-de-sac so pretty much the only people you ever see in the road, live here. Had a nice touch last week, when one of the kids in the road had a 9th birthday and was upset he wasn't going to get a party, so a couple of facebook posts later, loads of people decorated their windows with Happy Birthday messages and left sweets out, and he was over the moon.

That is genuinely absolutely lovely. When can I move in ?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Think I have the nicest neighbours going. Live in a small block of 4 flats, with a family house next door, all very tolerant, and all helping each other during the virus thing. The family next door keeps bringing me dinners round, despite me being a healthy 40 ish year old bloke who is still going to work every day, quite touching really

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Talking of neighbours

Has anyone heard how everyone's NSC Neighbour is ?

I am referring to Spence - Has anyone heard how he is since ho took ill ? I haven't seen any of his posts for a while.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We live in a terrace of 4 and in one of the middle 2, the bloke on our left is ok, hes very quiet and keeps himself to himself, just a quick chat now and then when were both out the front.

The lady the other side can be difficult, she regularly gets shirty when I'm smoking out the back, I do all that I can to minimise it, and have a little chair set up down the end of the garden as far away as i can be but she still shows her dissatisfaction and goes in slamming her doors, theres not a lot I can do about the wind direction at times.

We have 8 parking bays at the front so each 2 per house. The bushes on our side are extremely overgrown and take up over a metre of parking length. I asked her last year about putting them back but she wasnt having any of it. Its bloody annoying as it means I cant drive into the bay as I cant get the "swing" to reverse out. Which is annoying as I cant get into my boot when I reverse in so have to drive in, unload the boot, then get back in to park properly.

Today the neighbours the other side of her just started hacking them down. So i saw my opportunity and joined in. A few hours and beers later a good job done. We even sat down in our front gardens and had a chat this evening which was great. The moany one even came out and joined us.

It's been a rather pleasant day apart from my massively sunburned head.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I live in a semi detached in a lovely cul-de-sac in Wadhurst.
My missus had lived there for 13 years before I moved in and apparently, the woman’s middle aged son had a (bordering on obsessive) ‘thing’ for her.
The first interaction I had with them, was after an away game at Derby. I hadn’t lived there long and I think he was pissed off that I was living with the woman of his dreams. I was understandably worse for wear after stumbling off the train, and was enjoying a glass of red in the back garden. I heard someone whispering ‘wanker, prick’ and other obscenities so shot round to see their upstairs window closing hastily.
I did what any normal person would do, and went round hammering on the door and asking him to come out for a chat. He didn’t, and has made sure he always disappears inside whenever he’s out when I appear. He’s been doing this for 5 years now.
I’ll get the fvcker one day. ****.
People the other side are great......they hate him too :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Neighbours to the left are great. We're not to the point of visiting each others gardens etc (before these weird times), but the bloke is a proper "bloke" who I can crack along with, and his doris is pleasant enough. Always some amiable chat when we're putting the bins out, or washing our cars. I've got a humungous IVY at the back of my garden that crawls over the entire back fence, which I've attacked during this lockdown to get it back into shape, nice straight top now and very neat and tidy on my side of things. Afterwards, as I was dragging out all the cuttings, neighbour was mincing about so I offered him the use of my (frankly treasured) Bosch hedged trimmer, being as my ivy does encroach a fair bit on his side.

"Nah f*ck all that mate, its fine. Doesn't bother me in the slightest." Okey doke.

Other side....well. Young couple with a couple of kids. He's a self-employed builder and is a nice enough chap - except he's done loads to the house front. Mines hardly a slum, but he's landscaped his front garden and put in a posh front door etc. He's more handy than me. So it makes ours look bad. And his missus walks around with her nose in the air, giving the impression her shit doesn't stink, I think she thinks everyone in the street is beneath her. She wears those enormous bug-eyed Victoria Beckham sunglasses that cover half her head. She thinks she's stylish, but I find her vaguely ridiculous. And to my delight, Amanda at No1, who is an absolute hoot and very switched on, shared my opinion without me first opining it. I could do a lot worse though. None of us are noisy. Next doors little girl is a whirling dervish in their garden, with the trampoline and all, but I don't mind that at all, she's a sweetie.

I like my street.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here