Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] How do you cook bacon? - The Pub Debate

Which method do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Has to be done in a frying pan. Then you have a lovely pan of bacon fat left to cook something else delicious in.
Used to lodge with a lovely French girl who was always delighted when I made a bacon sandwich and would politely ask if she could use the pan after me. Not enough people value that liquid gold.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Other; I don’t cook meat at home. I save it for meals out these days. Better for the wallet. And the arteries.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely air fryer, but near enough everything goes in there.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Back bacon, straight on the grill for 5 minutes. Never had any complaints!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Grill every time these days, but microwave does work well, with a sheet of kitchen paper on top (or so I was told) which works really well. Obvs doesn't crisp it up (unless you heavily overcook it!)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Streaky. Grilled to within an inch of its life. Bacon sarnies should crunch.
And the softer the bread the better.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Other; I don’t cook meat at home. I save it for meals out these days. Better for the wallet. And the arteries.
I am more the opposite, I eat plant-based when I go out and cook meat at home.

Too often meat out is disappointing. I've hardly eaten a steak out for years. Always disappoints either the palate or the wallet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Definitely air fryer, but near enough everything goes in there.
I am going to try air frying it next time.

The problem with the air fryer is that its not big enough. I now need an oven the size of the air fryer and and air fryer the size of (or bigger) than the oven.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Has to be done in a frying pan. Then you have a lovely pan of bacon fat left to cook something else delicious in.
Used to lodge with a lovely French girl who was always delighted when I made a bacon sandwich and would politely ask if she could use the pan after me. Not enough people value that liquid gold.
With the high end bacon that I buy the only residue that’s left in the pan for some strange reason is frothy water!!!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Glad to see some votes for oven. I'm a recent convert. Had some left over Bratwurst so wrapped bacon round them and roasted. I had back bacon but streaky would have been better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here