Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do we make the Amex louder?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Drums. That will at least keep people in time....then we could also try some bloke, ie krispies, with a megaphone, if that doesn't work, clackers and failing all of that...BOOOOOOOOO the buggers.

Or actually admit that the majority of fans who go at home, are there to watch a game of football and not to sing and shout their heads off. Away fans are there to make a noise, not home fans....or so it seems with brighton fans these days.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Get two players sent off in the first ten minutes, preferably with one an off the ball incident no one saw, and the other in a challenge that looked like the other guy was going to be sent off.

Now that was the best match we have seen at the Amex, the place was alive, even the east stand were singing and cms on his own nearly got us a draw at the end, yes I remember that Burnley game, a classic, the players fought like lions and the crowd throughout the match were the noisiest I have heard at the Amex!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Vuvuzela's. Or import 10000 Galatasary fans, complete with smoke bonds, flares and knife across throat gestures at the opposing players. Either that or pump pure cocaine through the air vents on the concourses.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Goal music!!

:FFSPuncheon

No goal music here this season! And no clackers for several. :thumbsup:

As for the drum, however much people hate it, it is by far the best way of getting a crowd to sing along in time together. It worked particularly well for us at Wembley, which is a very difficult venue for keeping support together.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sorry, it's too late to do anything. The design of the Amex is all wrong. The North Stand is simply too small and shallow.

I was at Bournemouth last Tuesday and I've always regraded them as bit of a small-time club verging on plasticdom. But they made whatever Dean Court is now called very loud, and the home end produced an impressive amount of noise compared to the North Stand - because it's bigger. More people behind the goal = more noise. A few rows of seats with a big blank wall behind them, along with a police control box (HOW many people are in there doing what, exactly, every game???) and a screen = very little chance to produce many decibels.

Not Paul Barber's fault, nor David Burke's nor Sami Hyypia's. Just something we've got to live with.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, it's too late to do anything. The design of the Amex is all wrong. The North Stand is simply too small and shallow.

Sake! We've got a f***in' massive WEST STAND UPPER, chocka with ex-Goldstone/Gillingham/Withdean/Awayday stalwarts. What on EARTH is to stop you lot generating the majority of the noise. Have a word with yourselves and don't project your personal failings onto the North Stand!

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
I have seen a thread about the North West ruining it as the singing over there joins up with a bit of the North stand but only the Western bit therefore causing a split between West and East of the North Stand.

I think we need the club to make it easier for the singers to move to the back and encourage the singers to stay near the back rows keep it a bit wide so the singing links up to the North East and West.

Can't think of much to do that is realistic. In an ideal world the fans would sing most of the match regardless of the score. And maybe the West and East stand join in.

Thoughts? Help please?
Simple.......swap with Selhurst

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sake! We've got a f***in' massive WEST STAND UPPER, chocka with ex-Goldstone/Gillingham/Withdean/Awayday stalwarts. What on EARTH is to stop you lot generating the majority of the noise. Have a word with yourselves and don't project your personal failings onto the North Stand!

The consensus is that the North Stand can't get decent singing going because the different groups of singers are too far apart.

How do you expect a stand that is 120 yards long to get a better noise?

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Stand of the match.

At the end of the match the PA announcer should decide which stand gave the most support for the match. It could even be section to make it more competitive? As the North would likely win most matches IMO.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Introduce Safe Standing sections.

Singing and chanting always seems more appealing when you are up on your feet. The middle section of the North Stand was quite vocal until the stewards made everybody sit down.

Now nobody there even makes an effort to be rebellious which is a shame.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Do what the Spanish do and have a cheerleader rousing the fans over the tannoy ... my god that sounds so bad its almost Crapstal Palearse

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Introduce Safe Standing sections.

Singing and chanting always seems more appealing when you are up on your feet. The middle section of the North Stand was quite vocal until the stewards made everybody sit down.

Now nobody there even makes an effort to be rebellious which is a shame.

I've emailed a few times about that but they push it aside. I think persistent standing from large groups in the North is the only way forward. Our stewards are MASSIVE ***** so it will be hard.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I've emailed a few times about that but they push it aside. I think persistent standing from large groups in the North is the only way forward. Our stewards are MASSIVE ***** so it will be hard.

The away fans invariably stand throughout most matches without any issues

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
We need the effort and results on the park to lift the crowd, also a wider variety of songs.
Every other song the police box crew sang yesterday was Palace related.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here