How different is your NSC persona from you in real life?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What a completely fascinating set of responses, with most seemingly being prepared to engage with the question, a few posting amusing (to different degrees) one-liners, and a couple taking another opportunity to have a pop at someone, without engaging with the question posed by the thread at all.

In addition to learning about Guy's posting being modified by him feeling he represents an entire nation which I've previously commented on, I've also learnt that another reason why someone's postings may vary in tone is because they're depressed and their mood has swung significantly. This, of course, isn't rocket science, but it is interesting that in my list of possible reasons why people's posts may sometimes be atypical (for them), I hadn't listed a possible health condition as a cause. I'm somewhat ashamed that such a cause wasn't on my list.

Two or three people have picked up on existentialism (and post-modernism) - a thread on NSC about philosophy would be an absolute hoot. We should do it.

To those who have exposed a tiny bit about themselves - very many thanks! To those that think they haven't exposed anything at all - you have, you know! :wink:

Wow. what an amazing insight on posters you think you have. Well done indeed.

I just read them and was generally amused. I thought the vast majority of them were nothing more than tongue in cheek comments to be honest. The only posting I thought showed any truth was someone who has managed to show themselves as an arrogant know all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Herr Tubthumper, when discussing Germany or the UK, is an amplified and slightly cartoonish version of me. I definitely play up the pro-German mantra for amusement but everything I post is based on my real feelings, beliefs and observations etc. Part of the amplification is deliberate and part is, I guess, subconsciously brought on by the nature of the internet.

Besides, I cannot behave in the outside would like I do on NSC as some of my friends invoke a three-strikes-and-I'm-out policy, after I mention Germany for the 3rd time on a night out I'm politely informed any further mention will be swiftly interrupted and stopped.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm exactly the same in real life as I am on NSC. EXACTLTY.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My sense of humour gets lost on here (although to be fair it gets lost on many in the real world too) and usually gets me into trouble with the humourless goons that can frequent this place...... I get called sanctimonious a lot too, never been called that in real life.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I tend to post things that I think are contentious in order to keep threads going but are not always my true views. This gives the high and mighty I am more Intelligent than you posters the chance to show how good they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports