Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How different is your NSC persona from you in real life?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am the same. I think.

I'll argue more politically or philosophically, or about playing styles, managers etc. with people I know, it seems a bit pointless to do so on NSC. I don't know the people who argue against me, They don't seem real, just cliched constructs spouting the same old bullshit, again and again.

But in general I am who I am in all areas of my life, real or virtual. I think.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm broadly the same on- and off-line, for better or worse.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Ahhh, shucks!
emoticon-00111-blush.png

Thats an American term. Burn the heretic!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I reflect my signature. See below.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I am severely restricted, in terms of showing my real persona on NSC, by the fact that I would seem to be the only prehistoric fish poster here; it means that I have to be aware of the fact that people might judge all prehistoric fish and Tarpon by the way I behave and interact with other users of the forum. I must admit that I do not nurture feelings of particularly amical nature towards certain posters here or their views and opinions, but my role of Tarpon Ambassador to NSC forces me to restrain myself in expressing my disapproval towards them.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I am severely restricted, in terms of showing my real persona on NSC, by the fact that I would seem to be the only prehistoric fish poster here; it means that I have to be aware of the fact that people might judge all prehistoric fish and Tarpon by the way I behave and interact with other users of the forum. I must admit that I do not nurture feelings of particularly amical nature towards certain posters here or their views and opinions, but my role of Tarpon Ambassador to NSC forces me to restrain myself in expressing my disapproval towards them.

Your'e taking this far too seriously:wink:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Knowing several other posters on here I will be interested to see if / how they respond - and whether they really portray themselves 'as is'.

As for myself, generally I'm a 'what you see is what you get' guy. There are no hidden agendas to my participation on NSC, I'm mainly in it for Albion and footie related stuff. I'm not averse to pulling the odd pin out of a grenade and tossing it into the discussion but mostly I show a bit more restraint than I could, so I'm probably a fairly constructive participant. I try not to forget that it is a 'forum' and important to consider the range of views on offer. Generally most stuff is worth reading, even thought provoking. Equally some stuff is 'complete bollocks' too:thumbsup:

I do sense (and understand) that some punters use NSC to create an 'Alice / Alan in Wonderland' parallel world in which they can escape to offer a more colourful range of views than they might otherwise. There's no harm in that, providing there is mutual respect (ahem).

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Here goes......

I am as tolerant in real life as I am on NSC!

To be entirely honest, I probably think about what I type on NSC far more than I say in the flesh. I find the written word far more potent than the spoken word, therefore I read far more into other peoples post than they perhaps intended, and sometimes react accordingly!

I think I tell the same truth both online and in person, although in person I am more inclined to persuade than confront, at least initially! I really do believe in free speech and freedom of opinion, I detest the politically correct agenda that exists in the world today. I will until my dying day express what I believe to be true, if PROVED wrong I will rescind, but I refuse to be quiet because of a fear of the truth.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I think you need to know someone before you make a judgement, I do know Bozza in the real world and I would say his self assesment is spot on.

Why is it so difficult for you people to understand? (I've had the same exchange with the man himself in the past - I'm sure he appreciates one of his gophers covering it for him this time.)

I neither know nor care what anyone on here is 'really' like. Any comments I make are with regard to the person in question's online persona.

I'm not sure if his posts are attention seeking or merely click bait to generate ad income, but the apparent disconnect between this great, humble guy and the way he portrays himself via the keyboard is hilarious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here