Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How different is your NSC persona from you in real life?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anything I say on NSC I believe I should also say in a real life conversation. I try to stick to that. That is why I don't personally abuse people.

The difference, however, is that a lot of folk in real life just switch off or ignore me. On here the audience has read the post before they get a chance....

Like you've just done. :lolol:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In the real world I wouldn't say boo to a goose, can't stand politics, and if someone slags off the Albion then just shrug and ignore them.

I'm far too patronising and knowall on NSC too.

Well, one of those sentences is right, for sure. :wink:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
If you are Polish and English is your second language I am mightily impressed :bowdown:

Thank you very much. I wouldn't go as far as to call English my second language; it is still, by and large, a foreign language to me, but my admiration of your country's literature and friendship with a couple of your compatriots living in Poland are very useful in improving my command of this most beautiful and rich language.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thank you very much. I wouldn't go as far as to call English my second language; it is still, by and large, a foreign language to me, but my admiration of your country's literature and friendship with a couple of your compatriots living in Poland are very useful in improving my command of this most beautiful and rich language.

Your English is better than about 70% of the posters on here who claim it as their first language. You should be very proud.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Your English is better than about 70% of the posters on here who claim it as their first language. You should be very proud.

Ahhh, shucks!
emoticon-00111-blush.png

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Interesting thread - short answer is "don't know". Someone could set up a research project on it?

Whilst not scientific at all, a webcomic I read did come up with this:

Human + Anonymity + Audience = Idiot.

Of course they were referring to the people you have to endure when playing games online but I think the theory is sound(ish)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is this 'real life' of which you speak :mad:

That's a point I've tried to make with various NSC users, particularly over the last few years. NSC, like all internet interactions, is very much real life now - there is no differentiation.

The difference I'd make is it's a different form of communication and we do all probably behave differently, if only subtly, when communicating via a keyboard as we do when face to face.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
take what you find with me...if you no likey .......... fookey offey..innit..!! other than that i reckon i would get on with 99% of posters on here , there are a couple that i might end up belting ...but that is just life.

Jan 30, 2008
You just got to be who you are ,why bother putting up a persona to hide behind , all my fans love me ,what's not to like about that:)
regards
DR

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Ah - a debate on existentialism could ensue. Excellent.

I think this whole thread is already a debate on existentialism - we are all coming to terms with having created (to some extent) an artifical persona, possibly in order to fit in socially, possibly to achieve the opposite. Could this change how we act in real life, or who we would like to be? I'm sure there are thousands of dissertations on this. This thread could run and run until it reaches an absurdist conclusion.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Ah - a debate on existentialism could ensue. Excellent.

Sartre purports the idea that which "all existentialists have in common is the fundamental doctrine that existence precedes essence". If you are an existentialist and agree with Mr Bloom that the squad is now "competitive" then we're play-off bound.

I think ???

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I am generally quite shy and genuinely hate being the centre of attention in any way.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Think I'm done...... nope......

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Sartre purports the idea that which "all existentialists have in common is the fundamental doctrine that existence precedes essence". If you are an existentialist and agree with Mr Bloom that the squad is now "competitive" then we're play-off bound.

I think ???

Doo bee doo bee doo - Sinatra

Or something like that.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I am severely restricted, in terms of showing my real persona on NSC, by the fact that I would seem to be the only Polish poster here; it means that I have to be aware of the fact that people might judge my country and my people by the way I behave and interact with other users of the forum. I must admit that I do not nurture feelings of particularly amical nature towards certain posters here or their views and opinions, but my role of Polish Ambassador to NSC forces me to restrain myself in expressing my disapproval towards them.

I really wish more Polish people joined NSC and took over the role of representing Poland here, so I could finally start calling people c*nts and telling them to f*ck off and die of cancer (preferably testicular).
I'm a polish poster too

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm far more arsey and very short-tempered in real life.

However, this is an Internet forum - what's the point in getting in a strop over some words on a screen that someone I don't know has written? I'm an adult.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think I come across far more aggressively and more opinionated on here than in real life. I'm pretty laid back and hate confrontation in person.

Just realised that's pretty much the dictionary definition of a keyboard warrior. Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here