Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Believe Together

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought we played some of the best stuff I've seen in the first half. Not so much in the second!

I thought for 20 mins we did play well. When Bruno needlessly gave away a corner, it seemed to galvanise Derby for a spell. I really didn't think they were that good, but in the second half we made them look good by continually going long......

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not at all now, I really believed we needed to win today and then we'd comfortably get a draw.

I think we've blown it.

Feel sick about it. Boro will be hard to break down.

this i am not very confident of a win, a draw would be a different matter.

Hopefully we can get back up for the play offs.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I've just been on the Boro forum's and they are literally wetting themselves. They are overwhelming favourites but it is the year of the underdog as Leicester have proved - so bring it on!!!!

biddles911

May 12, 2014
I thought we played some of the best stuff I've seen in the first half. Not so much in the second!

Can't say I agree. We really didn't look threatening, even in the first half, apart from set pieces. Might have been a different story if Knockaert had scored from his free kick....?

Think we'll have to play better than that against Boro. Given how they rolled us over in our home game I'm not totally confident but this squad have shown incredible resilience. They certainly deserve to go up!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Can't say that I'm confident. I thought we looked out on our feet in the second half and, whatever people say about Dunk, we'll be without one of our most influential players...also wonder how fit Kayal will be....seemed to have a knock at the end. I think our best chance is to stifle them by playing Sidwell in midfield and hoping to get a goal later on.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Today we didn't have to win.It wasn't do or die so maybe we didn't go for it like we should have.Saturday we have to win.Wait a minute.We don't.There's the play-offs.O.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Since getting promoted in 2011 we've had a very respectable record at the Riverside. We should have no fear. We all saw the state of Karanka in that post match interview at St Andrews last Friday. He looked like he hadn't slept for a few weeks.

Let's do this:albion2:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
We are easily capable of going there and getting a draw. However a win will be tough. I don't relish going up there with a weakened defence. It reminds me of what happened at the Amex before Xmas.

I tend to feel that it's been written in the stars that we will just miss out. We had the late equaliser for Burnley at the Amex and Middkesborough have had a series of extra time goals recently. However, I'm well known to be a pessimist and have often been wrong. I didn't think we'd beat Newcastle in 1979 -and look what happened!

Whatever happens up at Middlesborough, we should have a good chance in the playoffs this time - so long as we avoid injuries and further suspensions!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're the underdogs but football has a funny habit of throwing up strange results. I hope it's down to skill & good football rather than a dodgy ref.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Quite often, when the general feeling on here is that we will not win, we go and win. So that's what will happen.

Brighton never ever take the easier path. I reckon we will do this.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm really pleased we're playing Boro and not another side. It means our destiny is in our hands. Boro are favourites but do they have the bottle? We'll see on Saturday.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not at all, can see a heavy defeat - but then they've proved me wrong this season so far.

I suspect that's what they'll be thinking too. So if we can make a solid start, then the longer it goes, who knows? Look what happened to us in the play-off semi.... there's a time when home advantage can start to turn against you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here