Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How big a factor is ‘bad’ transport affecting your STH decision?

Is travel to and from The Amex preventing you getting a ST or renewing your ST?

• Yes

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 88 60.3%

• Total voters

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Trains worked well last night, post match, because large numbers of people started leaving from 70mins.
Well done to Sky and our ever so accommodating football club for scheduling a game for the early evening on NYE at a ground where the bulk of supporters have to use some form of public transport.
A demonstration of how little trust customers have in the train service that the only way to ensure a non-f***ed up NYE evening is to miss a quarter of the match.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Trains worked well last night, post match, because large numbers of people started leaving from 70mins.
Well done to Sky and our ever so accommodating football club for scheduling a game for the early evening on NYE at a ground where the bulk of supporters have to use some form of public transport.
A demonstration of how little trust customers have in the train service that the only way to ensure a non-f***ed up NYE evening is to miss a quarter of the match.
Pretty certain the club have no say in the change to kick off times but you carry on and use as a stick to beat them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have got to clean The Strat today.
Not sure that's a good enough reason to cancel my S/T, but it's close.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Would help if all the buses used the left hand lane on the A27 exit going to the Amex rather than join the queue in the right hand lane.
I've been saying this for 10 years. No one turns left at the top as there is no entrance permitted to the Uni, so it's only right turn at the top. That slip road should be made a legal bus lane with cameras. They've done this on Lewes Road entrance to the Uni. This would allow all buses and coaches quicker access to the ground and also get the P&R buses back out again quicker. Add a copper at the top stopping cars and giving priority to buses and bingo.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wasn’t that different to St Mary’s last week. Or any ground where a defeat is likely after 70 mins or so. People leave early for all sorts of reasons.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Platform at Falmer eastbound post match. 3 carrages arrive. A woman doubt she been to match asks is it going wherever...realises it isnt...tries to u-turn as everyone piles on...tide sweeps her on...tries get off...FFS you'll only have to repeat this if you do (just change at Lewes if needed), dunno if she got off, as I moved along to let others on as you do. Far too many people on the platform at least half never got on the train. Plenty police and rail staff there but appeared helpless to the number of people. Sort it out PB. Obviously thats tounge in cheek.
We got on the Lewes train about 30 mins after the final whistle….there were people backed up over the bridge but the train left literally half-empty.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It wasn't anywhere near the 31000 odd reported, but credit where due if the train and park and ride both worked well tonight. Doesn't happen often.
The number of people in the ground wasn’t reported. It never is . But it was pretty close to the full capacity of tickets sold - 31,600 or so which was. Not “nowhere near”.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've been saying this for 10 years. No one turns left at the top as there is no entrance permitted to the Uni, so it's only right turn at the top. That slip road should be made a legal bus lane with cameras. They've done this on Lewes Road entrance to the Uni. This would allow all buses and coaches quicker access to the ground and also get the P&R buses back out again quicker. Add a copper at the top stopping cars and giving priority to buses and bingo.
Our regular coach driver uses the full axis of that particular roundabout for safety reasons!

He loves the Waaaaaaaahey he gets every time he pulls it out the bag, this is legally different from clapping a plane landing though!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The number of people in the ground wasn’t reported. It never is . But it was pretty close to the full capacity of tickets sold - 31,600 or so which was. Not “nowhere near”.
Wasn’t there an announcement saying the attendance towards the end of the second half (but not shown in the screens)? Or did I imagine that? Was pretty full like you say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We got on the Lewes train about 30 mins after the final whistle….there were people backed up over the bridge but the train left literally half-empty.
Clearly the folks that wait at Falmer for the 'right' train going East are not seasoned commuters. First law of commuting is get away from the bottleneck asap and pick up the 'right' train further down the line. Why wait on a cramped Falmer platform when you could be waiting on the wide open spaces of a Lewes platform?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I always turn left there as that’s the way to my parking but fully agree buses/coaches should use that lanes and then turn right.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wasn’t there an announcement saying the attendance towards the end of the second half (but not shown in the screens)? Or did I imagine that? Was pretty full like you say.
There was but I think @Terry Butcher Tribute Act means the actual number in the ground. It was - agreed - as you say - pretty packed. No “swathes of empty seats” as some forecast. And very half empty to argue it was “nowhere near” the 31,600 or so tickets sold number

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There was but I think @Terry Butcher Tribute Act means the actual number in the ground. It was - agreed - as you say - pretty packed. No “swathes of empty seats” as some forecast. And very half empty to argue it was “nowhere near” the 31,600 or so tickets sold number
To be honest I was pleasantly surprised there were so many in the ground. Assumed NYE plans would trump the football but thankfully wasn’t the case.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be honest I was pleasantly surprised there were so many in the ground. Assumed NYE plans would trump the football but thankfully wasn’t the case.
Yep - hence reopening this thread.

I was fearful of NYE transport.
Surprised by the turn out.
& even more surprised there aren't any moans.

Perhaps we should play first half Potterball more often lol

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Oh my god what is the point of passong a comment if Chailey Bot goes off every time. There will always likely be a couple of thousand no shows for a game that isn't an end of season decider. People get sick, things come up, life gets in the way. Whatever. It's not news.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh my god what is the point of passong a comment if Chailey Bot goes off every time. There will always likely be a couple of thousand no shows for a game that isn't an end of season decider. People get sick, things come up, life gets in the way. Whatever. It's not news.
I’m just a fan, not a bot and the number of fans who show up is keenly debated on here for all sorts of reasons. By yourself and many others. And many predict - have done for years now - rather bleak projections for who is going to turn up. So if someone who was there argues it was “nowhere near” full up when several others say actually it wasn’t then I’d say , however dull - it’s of interest. On NSC at least.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Used car park C in the uni last night for the first time and have to say it worked really well.

Left bang on the final whistle and was at home in Worthing at 8.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here