Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How agonising/heroic will Scotland's failure to reach the World Cup be?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah, shush now.

freedom-braveheart-iroic.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well, it wasn't a bad original shout...beat Slovakia and out on GD after draw in Slovenia!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I've been posting my joy on the wrong thread :wrong:

Anyway, congratulations to the Scots for getting soooo close despite playing like a bunch of amateurs. Best out now before the big boys get a go

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's almost not worth them building up their hopes with those occasional late, plucky victories to put themselves in contention, is it?

It just means it hurts them more when they fail at the last, as inevitably happens.

England will still be crap in Russia, of course, but it doesn't mean I can't chuckle at the memory of Hampden Park going NUTS when Leigh Griffiths scored those free kicks earlier this year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I used to cheer on Scotland, but after years of shit from them, I've completely changed and now I rejoice at their ineptitude.

Thank you Scotland, thank you.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well at least they can support Andy Murray at Wimbledon in the summer.

Also, Russian visas are BLOODY expensive, so they'll save themselves a few quid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm going for a braveheart victory v Slovakia tonight, then winning in Slovenia only for a last minute equaliser to cruelly deny them a place in Russia as Slovaks beat Malta 1-0.
Roughly right.

:laugh:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Can't agree with any of that. It's MILES better to be there, which is why Scotland fans are so anxious to end the 20 years of hurt. You get the build-up, and you get the party, and the experience. Just accept that England are very unlikely to do well, and enjoy it. It's a much more enjoyable tournament if your country is in it, even if you do go out early.

And Scotland have brought it on themselves in recent years. I think a lot of us used to cheer them on in these tournaments as kids. But they have got so chippy about England, we've had enough and are returning the favour.

Spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here