Horsham v Crawley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Probably the best, since they beat Albion on the way to the final!

(An Albion side that included both the Elphiks, Cox, Nicolas, Mayo,
McCammon, and Chaigneau in goal.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
Wonderful news. Memories of the those two victorious visits to the Goldstone in the 70's come flooding back. When and where is this year's final ?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Final is apparently in Eastbourne. Same as last year. Don't know the date, though.

Crawley just weren't in it after the goal, which was very much against the run of play.

A familiar problem was that their "strikers" were absolutely clueless in front of goal.

Didn't see Chas Majeed there, but Steve Duly (former MD and son of previous owner) was in the crowd along with former player Simon Wormull.

Had a good chat to some of the leading lights in their quest to rid themselves of SAG.

Best song of the night:

Oh Chas Majeed
Is full of shit
Oh Chas Majeed is full of shit
He's full of shit, shit and more shit
Oh Chas Majeed is full of shit

:lolol:

Poor turnout from the Crawley supporters, really, but at least they're warming to the battle ahead of them to rid themselves of the board.

Can't really blame the players for not wanting it last night. Why would they want to play another game when they're not getting paid (allegedly) even the 50% (some 30% allegedly) of what their contracts entitle them to.

Well done Horsham, though. At least they wanted it and really should have scored more.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Forgot to mention also that Worthing FC own the worst version of Sussex By The Sea that I have ever heard.

Sounded like it was being played on one of those old Contempo keyboards. :nono:

jamesc

Jul 21, 2005
Horsham
Horsham chairman told me this morning that the final is on the BH 1st of May. I live two doors down from him and he is a great guy.

Good luck Horsham

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Welcome Newbie.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
should of been hassocks.....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
El Turi said:
I see John Westcott got man of the match in the Argus. There's a blast from the past.

what a legend:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports