Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HORSEMEAT-Crikey!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
That's Findus in the shit then!! :lol:

I bet there are some back sides "doing one" in the meat testing department!

In some cases, 100% Horse meat found in there Beef Lasagnes.....Opps!

Paint the horses black and white and stick a pair of marigolds on their old boy....no one will know the differance :lol:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We've all been eating for a long time it seems without knowing. I like some the products that have been tested and found to have it. Turns out that I find horse quite tasty.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the irony is horse meat is probably much better, leaner, than the beef they typically use for processed lasagnes.

i dont think its fair to blame the supermarkets, they are just retailers. its the manufacturers that are putting the wrong stuff in. theres probably a paper trail to verify the source of meat, but if a manufacture's supplier is fiddling or cocking up that paperwork, its hardly the fault of the retailer.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Say neigh to Findus!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Paint the horses black and white and stick a pair of marigolds on their old boy....no one will know the differance :lol:

we certainly didn't!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

:lol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm in the 'don't really care what it is as long as it tastes good' camp. Obviously, I think the Supermarkets should have advertised that they may contain horse meat, to give people a free choice. But other than that, I can't really see the big deal? People eating meat must have pretty strange morals if they're fine with eating beef but against eating horse imo.

franks brother

thorpe-park-rustlers-packaging.jpg
Meat found in rustlers Burgers:ohmy:

D

Deleted member 22389

As per usual people are pussy footing around the subject. Supermarkets and Suppliers all need to be bought before the courts over this.
It's not the case that there might be horse meat in the products, it's the fact the labels don't tell you that the product might contain horse meat.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Always thought the Beef Lasagnes were PONY

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Never understood why eating cow is good and eating horse is bad.I'm no food scientist but I'd wager that one is no better than the other in terms of meat content - providing the same nutrients to the diner.

We're a bit squeamish is all.I can remember times when there have been stories in the press about horses being exported to Belgium and France for human consumption.What a furore !

Can't see anything wrong with the concept,though I will agree that selling horse as beef is a bit naughty.Some of the horses I've bet on have run like bovine-kind,though,and deserve to be in the lasagne.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
No wonder I keep getting the trots.

Asda seem's to be doing a very good job by covering up and recalling a few products.
hmm.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here